Liberation of Taganrog 1943 is available for download

Discussion in 'Command Ops Series' started by CapHillRat, May 16, 2015.

1. CapHillRat

CapHillRat Command Ops Scenario Designer

It's been on my to do list to get back to you about these comments but work has gotten in the way. I've followed your comments closely and I can't tell you how much I appreciate all of the detail. What an amazing amount of information. I will work on a Liberation of Taganrog scenario 2.0 soon and send to you for your review. It will be smaller obviously and less dramatic than the 1.0 version. Again, it's a great forensic look at what likely happened.

2. CapHillRat

CapHillRat Command Ops Scenario Designer

Hi Goodguy. One more comment, I think Uspenka, Ukraine is the Uspenskaya in the old map you had. Krynka river is behind it just like the map.

3. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Member

I didn't have time to reply, but I read your post. The problem with the German sit maps is that they used to germanize City/location names to some extent, and Google (or similar sources) displays "americanized" names, but also transliterations of Russian names.
    A similar example would be Russian names, where the German versions are closer to the original Russian names (nowadays at least) than English versions/spellings:

Michail Sergejewitsch Gorbatschow (German spelling)
    Michail Sergeevič Gorbačёv (German transliteration)
    Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbatchev (English spelling)
    Mikhail Sergeyevich Gorbachov (English transliteration)

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/e/e5/Ru-Mikhail_Sergeyevich_Gorbachev.ogg
    His name is definetly pronounced gorbaCHOV and not "chev".

So, this makes it harder to pinpoint locations, and - on top of that - you have towns/villages that disappeared, that were given up or renamed either after Stalin's death or after the Sovietunion fell apart, when the Ukraine declared independence from Russia. Also, some villages were never rebuilt, after the Germans had destroyed them during their retreat, and other villages remained ghost towns for years, after the jewish inhabitants were executed by the Germans in 1941, until they were removed from official maps, eventually.

Let me know if you start working on the senario.

4. J. van Limpt

J. van Limpt Member

I would love to try this, but the dropbox link doesn't work anymore. Can you please give a new link?

5. col.sanders

col.sanders Member

Hey j. van Limpt ,go to link in first post on upper left corner click command ops download sledgehammer the lib of taganrog comes with it.

6. J. van Limpt

J. van Limpt Member

Col. Sanders, I found it. Thank you very much.