Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

no overlays in 5.0.8

pekische

Overlays - new CO2 feature - don´t work. No overlay appears in build 5.0.8. In build 5.0.7 worked this well. Dave, how could I help you to identify the issue?

john connor

They only work when paused, I believe, Pekische. That's not it, no? Mine work fine when paused.

Falkenberg

Same here. No overlays in 5.0.8., neither the "old" LOS tools nor the new overlays. Having the game paused or not doesn't make any difference. But it did work in 5.0.7.

Last edited:

BigDuke66

For me overlays work paused, and the LOS tools work paused and while running.

pekische

The game is paused of course. No overlays, no LOS tools, no force footprints appear! Built 5.0.8.

overlays.GIF

pekische

Dave, I have revealed the issue... my notebook has switchable graphic card: integrated "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000" and dedicated "AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M". If I set DEDICATED card like primary then overlays, footprints and LOS don´t appear. If I set INTEGRATED card like primary then all work well. I have latest drivers of course. In CO1 both of cards work with no problems.

Falkenberg

Dave, I have revealed the issue... my notebook has switchable graphic card: integrated "Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000" and dedicated "AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M". If I set DEDICATED card like primary then overlays, footprints and LOS don´t appear. If I set INTEGRATED card like primary then all work well. I have latest drivers of course. In CO1 both of cards work with no problems.

I have a setting similar to Pekische: Intel HD Graphics 4600 and AMD FirePro M6100 FireGL V. However, on my laptop the problem with overlays not displaying (note that grid displays fine but the other overlays do not) is not related to which graphics card is selected. Rather, it has to do with the choice of the initial screen resolution. The native resolution of my screen is 1920x1080. If I select "Match current screen resolution" then the overlays do not display. However, if I select 1920x1080 from the wide screen options, then all the overlays display properly. ?!?

Last edited:

pekische

I have a setting similar to Pekische: Intel HD Graphics 4600 and AMD FirePro M6100 FireGL V. However, on my laptop the problem with overlays not displaying (note that grid displays fine but the other overlays do not) is not related to which graphics card is selected. Rather, it has to do with the choice of the initial screen resolution. The native resolution of my screen is 1920x1080. If I select "Match current screen resolution" then the overlays do not display. However, if I select 1920x1080 from the wide screen options, then all the overlays display properly. ?!?

But the choices of my initial screen resolution are inactive. I can choose only "Match current screen resolution". No other choice is available. No matter which graphic card is primary at the moment. Could this say anything about problems with overlays?

pekische

Dave,
I have sent the DxDiag Report in PM. My native resolution is 1680x1050 (extended monitor) and 1366x768 (notebook lcd). CO2 has graphic issues on both of them.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Got it thanks. Just took a look. There is a Diagnostics section in the report. You only get these when it's failed some tests. The errors relate to bad blocks (presumably in your hard drive). They have prevented various MS Windows updates and have caused at least one app to fail. So I'm afraid you really need to get your machine fixed. It may just need to be reformatted but usually when you start getting these bad blocks it's recommended you replace the drive.

pekische

Dave, I don´t believe that a few bad blocks could cause issues with graphic in CO2. Furthermore there are no problems in other games or during common using of my PC. Nevertheless I have controlled my HDD by two applications and no problem has been found. I have looked also in MS Win 8.1 update history - that is right that there a few failed installations of MS fixes but MS Windows repeated the same installations immediately and with OK result. So there are all updates and fixes in my computer. I guess the problem with overlays will be unfortunately in CO2.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
pekische,

For me to be able to fix this issue I need to be able to get it to repeat here. I can't get it to occur once, let alone repeat. I am not saying there is not an issue, but I have to be able to try and work out why on a machine I don't have in front of me. So I am working my way through the information you have supplied and identified a potential issue. Yes it may not be the cause, but it could possibly be the cause. I am just trying to rule out all possibilities as I encounter them. At the moment you are the only user who is reporting this behaviour.

Does anyone else have this problem?