Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Build 5.0.8 (beta)

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hi all,

I have just uploaded a new CO2 Build 5.0.8 for LNL to work up their installer. Please be patient. Hopefully they ill get it to you early next week.

This build nails the two show stoppers (game speed and message log). It also addresses all the other important issues bar one. That is the problem with the keyboard events not being passed to the map if you clicked on a dialog and then move the cursor over the map. This affects the spacebar and function keys. I will attend to that next week. I know what to do, it's just going to take a bit of work. Here's the change log.

Build 5.0.8 fixes and changes.

* Fixed End Game Screen - Ensured enough room to display title text.

* Fixed Game won't run - graphic card conflict. On some laptops that have both a graphics card and an integrated graphic chip the game wouldn't run. Solution is to disable the integrated chip.

* Fixed CTD caused when adding multiple waypoints with the Edit Task dialog open. Removed test for Shift key when assessing need to update data in Edit Task dialog. Applied smae fix to Force Data and View Data dialogs.

* Fixed CTD caused when dismissed Crossing Point Dialog tried to update data. It now tests first to see if its data needs refreshing. Dismissed dialogs should not need refreshing.

* Fixed Message Log Dialog so that it loads all stored reports when opened.

* Fixed Sort functions on Scenario Selection window by ensuring start and duration strings first converted to FPDateTime and FPDuration respectively.

* Fixed Game Speed Slow Down by rolling back D2D drawing for all graphic primitives (line, lines, rects, circles, arcs) and task icons. Now uses original draw into memory for these.

* Interim Fixed Ordinal Not Found Issue. This issue occurs when the Game tries to access a call to the Microsoft Foundation Class library. It should be using the newer mfc110.dll but for some reason on a few machines it wants to use mfc100.dll. Why that is so I do not know. Interim fix is to place a copy of mfc100.dll in the game directory. Works a treat.

* Fixed problem with product not being authorised on a few machines. This was a case of an install file being installed under Admin Users and not General Users. Will be addressed in new LNL Installer.

* Fixed Can't switch off Extended Icon Info. Ensure that if the user option for Extended Icons is turned off then this is adhered to in all icon draw routines.

* Fixed Extended Draw Info not being consistently applied to all units. HQ and Bases and arty had different settings. Made all units the same.

* Fixed Command lines and such stop being drawn on map

Last edited:

Greg

Great! Dave that was quick. Not sure I understand what you did to fix the game speed issue, but you are the man!

SSG D

Dave,
I am not sure how this "Update Command Ops 2" works. Do we have to do anything to initiate this 5.08 Build download and update?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Jason from LNL my like to chime in here and correct me if I get this wrong. As understand it when you launch the game from the shortcut it will first check to see if there is an update available and if so it will pop up a message advising you. So no you don't have to go looking for it. It will come to you, so to speak.

Hi all,

I have just uploaded a new CO2 Build 5.0.8 for LNL to work up their installer. Please be patient. Hopefully they ill get it to you early next week.

This build nails the two show stoppers (game speed and message log). . . .

Good to hear Dave.

I was disappointed with the game speed with the updated scenarios, but figured I wasn't the only one with the issue and it would be addressed.

Unfortunately, It distracted me from my interest to see how the sustainment matters we worked on with the original game may have been enhanced with the CO2 engine.

If you still want it, I'll be glad to look into the logistics matters for their fidelity to the RL log systems.

Take care,

jim

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Of course Jim. Always glad to have your input mate. I have to admit though that we did not do much in the way of logistic mods for this release. IIRC I fixed a few bugs in the resupply code and to d with bases and stock handling but noting by way of an enhancement.

Of course Jim. Always glad to have your input mate. I have to admit though that we did not do much in the way of logistic mods for this release. IIRC I fixed a few bugs in the resupply code and to d with bases and stock handling but noting by way of an enhancement.

There was a significant amount of work in CO1 dealing with route selection both from the standpoint of determining the optimum route for security of supply lines from battlefield intelligence at time of dispatch, and RT SA feedback on routes which ended up excessively dangerous during the supply delivery activity.

I'm eager to see how that part of the delivery system works with the CO2 AI and SA improvements before going off on a different excursion.

Take care,

jim

Matt D.

+1, and thread started separately, asking that question. How long does it take to post a line saying when you will get round to it? Not long, right? Since everyone watching knows Dave sent a new build last week it would be nice if LnL could update us on ETA. It's only been a few days, I hear them say, give us a chance!!! Yes, but it would take you about 30 secs to post an ETA in here. That would be nice! : Cheers.
tone it down a little, they are obviously busy. It's not like they are just ignoring you to be mean. Maybe be a little respectful instead of acting entitled. Catch more flies with honey and all that....

john connor

Deleted it. That ok? It's true I need to learn respect, especially to publishers.... Lol.

Rosmarus

That's over reacting, big time, the deleting that is. Matt D. is on a high horse and John has a perfectly good point. Dave sent the update over to LnL last friday and after that there hasn't been anything except Dave telling us that he emailed LnL. Publisher should be a) quicker b) more open if they force developer to send every update over before release. It would take them only a moment, like John pointed out, to post a quick message that all is well and what the ETA is and all would be well. Now we are just sitting here waiting for an update that is technically ready and has been ready for almost five days. Dave is not to blame in any way and I'm happy for him for finding a publisher that apparently suits his vision for the game. However LnL should be way more responsive, especially when they know that there were problems with the previous publisher and either keep Dave better in the loop so that he could give us the info or appoint someone else to do it.

I think that current expectations for daily updates on a beta engine are a bit much. Sure, I'd be annoyed if there were issues with the content packs that I'd paid for and would like them updated asap. But let's give the blokes a bit of time to continue development on the engine without having to spend their time typing stuff here instead.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I think that current expectations for daily updates on a beta engine are a bit much. Sure, I'd be annoyed if there were issues with the content packs that I'd paid for and would like them updated asap. But let's give the blokes a bit of time to continue development on the engine without having to spend their time typing stuff here instead.
Amen to that!

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
The new build (5.0.8) is now available. Read this from Jason at LNL:
Version 5.0.8 is now available. If a customer with version 5.0.7 runs the Update shortcut they should get a notice saying a patch is available. Following the instructions in the dialog will download and install the patch.

Anyone who “purchases” the free Core Game will receive the new 5.0.8 version.

Anyone who purchased the Core Game in the past and downloads the file again from the downloads section of their store account will receive the new version as well.