Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Victory Conditions: Control of a Building

Ty Snouffer

The victory conditions for River of Perfume (Heroes of the Nam) refer to:

" . . . must control (22.1) five Buildings . . ."

22.1 really speaks to control of hexes not buildings. How does one control a Building?

: Control (as defined by 22.1) of all the hexes, upper levels included, in the building
: Control of a majority of hexes of the building
: Control of just the hexes the enemy starts off controlling or earns control of during game play
: Something else?

This scenario doesn't state that one side or the other controls any of the buildings at the beginning.

thx

Findle

I believe when we were playing at Origins, the gentleman running the session said it had to be all of the hexes. Now looking at rule 22, that in my view to control a whole building you would have to be the last GO units for any hexes that had prior been in control of any enemy unit, with a minimum of one hex (if there's never been any enemy units in any of the hexes of that building).

Ty Snouffer

I like that way too. You have to control at least one hex while your enemy has to control none. The others could be uncontrolled.

I wonder what the intent was though . . .

Ty Snouffer

On the other hand, I could see you having to "clear" a building by checking/controlling each one.

Barthheart

Staff member
Seems I double posted this thread. A LnLT staff member chimed in for the other thread. Maybe follow over there:

http://forums.lnlpublishing.com/t/3711

:), I'm not really a staffer.... they just made me that when I was making VASSAL modules. It's just me, Vance, helping out where I can and waiting for Jeff to come along and correct me. ;)