Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Warhammer 40,000 in WaW? Sci-Fi infantry in general

Playing the game on TTS this morning got me thinking about another setting that holds my attention: Warhammer. Most Warhammer 40k fights (I think) are in WaW terms assaults with both sides stacked up. If one wanted to open up the battlespace, does anyone have thoughts on how to translate the forces over? or balancing force points? I know there's a lot of gimmicky in the Warhammer 40,000 rules (more reading than actual playing) and that some things would have to be condensed out, like some of special weapons rules. Taking existing units and just adding new artwork seems like a start. Infantry seems to be a little bit more of a question mark.

"Normal" infantry seems to obey the normal rules, they're soft targets. As we get further into power armor I'd assume they'd be soft targets with armor values, giving them the worse of both worlds, which I think is fairly realistic...but for Warhammer 40kness, would just making them hard targets be a first step that'd make sense?

Getting in a game of WaW was really enjoyable and good for creative juices!

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Glad you had fun! As did I!

40k has always been one of my favorite literary genres and I did do a company level game on one of the Gaunt's Ghosts Battles (the Seige of Vervunhive) but translating actual 40k stats to WaW85 style could be doable!