WestWallEstab Discrepancy List

Discussion in 'Command Ops Series' started by Kurt, Oct 5, 2015.

1. Kurt

Kurt Member

Dave , hate to sour the party but I have found some irregularities in the force list for US Line and US Abn units , I have included an initial list . These irregularities will also exist in BFTBEstab .

Attached Files:

2. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor Panther Games Designer

Kurt, your discrepancy list seems to be all about the number of weapons and personnel and is based on assumption that there should be one weapon per person. This is not the case though. For instance a vehicle may have multiple weapons and its crew may also have their own personal weapon. Hence the total weapons may exceed the total personnel. Moreover, units often held spare weapons. We account for that in the Fire code by insisting that a weapon is crewed before it can be fired. So spare weapons won't be fired.

There is one case where the number of pers exceeds the number of weapons. That's for a US Dismounted Cav Recon Trp. I need to let Richard or Pieter respond regarding this unit but I suspect from the fact that it is dismounted that there may be some historical factor at play here.

3. Kurt

Kurt Member

Thanks for the clarification ,I was not aware of the fire coding that negated excess weapons .

4. Greg

Greg Member

Dave doesn't miss much :happy:

5. Kurt

Kurt Member

Kameraden , I apologise if I am perceived as a random nuisance . I could just play the game and keep quiet , but I want to contribute and unfortunately a lot of the time I may be wrong and clumsy . I am passionate about CO2 .:sour:

6. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor Panther Games Designer

Hey Kurt who said your were "random"? ;) Seriously though Kurt I welcome your contributions. Richard Simonitch got back to me via email this morning and we'll review the flamethrower issue. Leave it with us for a bit. I need to find time to do some more research.

7. Kurt

Kurt Member

Thanks Dave :hilarious:

8. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Member

What's that flamethrower issue?

9. Kurt

Kurt Member

I noticed in the "stock" estab for the Westwall scenarios that the number of bursts a 38t Flammpanzer had available did not reflect the quantity of weapon-fuel carried . The British Crocodile Flamethrower-tank and other flamethrower equipped AFV's also need checking .