Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

CO2 Pricing Policy

Txema

Mehring

Was still on offer so got the lot.

Where to find PVP players? Also, anything in the pipeline, I was always hoping for some East Front scenarios and Poland or France 1940 could be fun.

Being as I don't like this pay pay pay modular system will it be possible to just buy 1 pak from a series and get the upgraded core for it not worrying about what I already have working or not (since it already works I don't want some new code messing it up) I don't care about the eastern front and minimal africa corp. Prefer tactical normandy or west front mostly and island hopping of the Pacific theater. I just want to know if I'll be able to JUST buy those modules and nothing else?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
The core engine is always free. You can have multiple versions of that if you wish. You can use an oder version to run an older version of a module A while having a newer core engine to run a newer version of module B. You will just need to have a separate game folder for each version of the core engine. That's all.

When we update the engine we will offer an update for all modules and packs. So you are at complete liberty to upgrade none, one, more or all of the modules you own. We will also offer a bundle deal to upgrade all your modules that will be very attractive in terms of relative pricing.

I'm more concerned about the module paks than I am the core engine. It's already clear those core engine upgrades will be free of charge. What I want to know is can I still buy INDIVIDUAL game paks. Like just 1 Theater of the Pacific one and 1 Normandy Invasion or West Front module? (I am highly doubting now you're going to make a West front module or Pacific Theater one and cut those into pieces like you have done previous ones.) Is that what you're intending to do?

Just so you know this module system is what drove me away from Battlefront. I don't like this nickel and diming the customer on every single theater. I was though able to only buy 1 module with the core engine of the new CMX2 system and that's all I'll ever buy and want or need. I just want to make sure I can do the same here when all these new cores and modules come out for this game series.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Obviously I didn't explain myself clearly enough. Please bear with me.

First off let's get our terminology right. We have the core engine and we have individual 'modules'. We also have the 'Commander pack'. You can see all of our products here: http://store.lnlpublishing.com/panther-games

You can buy one, multiple or all of these as you please. You do not have to buy the Commander Pack. If you are just interested in for example HTTR you can buy that module, end of story. You never have to pay another dime. You may, if you so choose, upgrade this single module at a later time if we upgrade the engine. But you don't have to.

One of the good things with the module approach is that we can break things down into small components and offer customers the option to buy only that bit they want. This lowers the cost of entry, which was an issue for quite a few of our customers.

As to module size. We intend to continue to release modules that comprise around 10 to 12 scenarios. That allows us to sell those modules for around $30 each. When we were with Matrix we sold our games for $60 and people said that that entry price was too high. Hence why we have split that data content. We still need to make money to continue developing. A price has to be paid for that. At least with the module approach you can choose to buy only a portion.

I hope that clarifies things for you.

I seem to recall Battles from the Bulge being $80 and the ruckus in the forums over that price yes. lol.

Just as long as I don't get to get into the pay pay pay system I am fine. In fact I already bought your commander pak and feel it's quite enough for what I want out of it except it needs some more zoom levels rest of game is great.

I am interested in anything Western Front or Normandy and the Pacific Theater land battles. Plus, squad level tactical. I'd always hoped your game engine would some day go squad level because it feels more right for command and control games to me like Norbsofts Civil War series. That's really the kind of command and control system I like. Plus to be able to pick my command level. In your games I always get the feeling of just high command and the grunts are expendable. Don't feel that way with Norb's games.

Anyways thanks for the answers. I'll still be onboard for some of your modules anyways for awhile.

As a Command Ops 1 player coming to Command Ops 2, I really like the new modular system. Hopefully it will mean faster turn-around from production to release.

hazxan

I'd been interested in HTTR, COTA for ages, but the old price put me off so I never bought any of them. But when I saw the core engine was free, it's a no-brainer to get it and try it out. After a couple of weeks figuring it out (and largely thanks to Daz's brilliant St Vith AAR!), decided to buy HTTR. Then recently got the Foothills of the Gods.

I'm not a hardcore wargamer, so probably won't get all modules. However, I'm definitely going to get the East Front when released and probably one of the Bulge packs. So, yes, the new pricing policy absolutely works for me!

The way I see it, a core engine upgrade requiring new bought versions of the modules is no big deal, as they'll always work fine in the CO2 engine.

My buying any further modules will depend on the zoom and the font. Us older wargamers eyes ain't what they used to be and it does me no good to buy a game if I can't see it or read the numbers. Please put in font options and more zoom levels if you can.

J. van Limpt

Any discount in sight perhaps? Would love to buy KOAD, Highway and Westwall, but preferably for a somewhat reduced price.