Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

CO2 Changes

MarkShot

I am still interested in updating PGE (Panther Games Enhancer) to support CO2; now that it is out of beta. [provides map hotspots/zoom (like bookmarks) when playing on large maps across multiple gaming sessions]

I think my life will be way easier to update it if I make three simplifying assumptions. Since this will be freeware and a companion utility for CO2 (means it makes absolutely no changes to the game; just communicates with it), I take license to make some simplifying assumptions for my coding.

(1) The mini-map display is open and will remain open.

(2) The mini-map display will remain at x,y 1,1 on the primary display.

(3) The game map will reside on the primary display.

* All other tool windows can be closed or open and located on any display which the user desires.

I think this will reduce my code changes to the minimum. No doubt, you have deduced that I am running with two displays myself (32" HD TV and 21" LCD Monitor; the TV becomes my primary for some games that benefit from it). I will open up a separate thread when I have it coded up.

PS: The source code for the new CO2 PGE, as is now, will be freely available. If your vision of how it works should differ from mine, then you are free to further modify it, but simply give credit for the original authorship/concept where due. Thanks.

Last edited:

MarkShot

It is written in Autohotkey, an open source Windows scripting language.

http://www.autohotkey.com/

I think I can run a check that it is open and at 0, 0 on the primary display. This will be a requirement to use the utility. It's not a lot of screen real estate taken. I think it will save me a ton of work, since I believe I did everything with absolute and not window relative addressing. But when, I get down to modifying ... I will look at what it would take to support a floating window and map on any display.

But as this is freeware, you get what you pay for. :)

PS1: There is only one real requirement is that it works for me. However, I am happy to share it with others if they find it of use.

PS2: Dave, you could have always added either map bookmarks or unit bookmarks to the game. I was hoping that you would when I released PGE during the BFTB days, you would be so inspired. :) I am playing the CMv2 and GTOS and both allow such a thing.

MarkShot

The truth is (if you look at my screen shot in the thread "Beautiful!", you will see I have my control dialogue on my secondary display). But if you ask me do I want to code for 50 hours or simply move it to the top left corner of the primary display, then you know my answer. If the question is 50 hours to play CO2 or write/test code? --- I am retired. Not a hard decision at all, I think! :)

Werewolf13

Hmmm...
The only opening screen I ever get is Monty and neither the Cauldron or Westwall pack scenarios have any opening screen map other than one that says Top Secret on it...

Did I miss something? Do I need to do a reinstall?

*budd*

No, your fine, all the maps aren't done yet. The top secret is a place holder until the map is done.