Have a question about costs

Discussion in 'CO2 - Game Support' started by CoachJohn, Dec 5, 2018.

1. CoachJohn

CoachJohn Member

I have the free core engine which I really like. I’ve upgraded it as current as possible.

I wish to buy highway to the Reich, however I am confused by the upgrade pricing.

If I buy it - will it work with my core engine as is? Or will I have to pay an additional 50% to have the module upgraded.

John

2. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor Panther Games Designer

If you buy HTTR right now it will work with the current version of the core. There is no need to pay for an upgrade for it. When we get to release the new build we've been working on for a long time now, you'll have the option to stick with the existing core engine and your existing HTTR module or you can upgrade the core engine (for free) and upgrade your HTTR module for a small charge. You could even run two versions of the core. Use the existing one for your HTTR module and use the new one for any new modules that buy later. It will be up to you.

3. CoachJohn

CoachJohn Member

So basically every time you have a base game upgrade that either fixes bugs or adds features if I want to use them I will have to repay for the module?

4. panzerpit

panzerpit Member

No. In the past there were a lot of upgrades and nobody had to pay even a single addintional penny for modules. This time situation is somewhat different since the scope of update is much broader and the data in modules is also updated. Dave explainded the reasons for this update fee somewhere on the forum, but I can't cant find thist post now.