Firing into Upper Floor Question

Jack Ruetty

Units on a hill taking fire from a lower level receive a +1 Target Modifier. Does this also apply to units in the upper level of a building taking fire from a lower level?

I am playing the digital game and this seem to be happening. Units in the upper level of a stone building are taking fire. They roll a 5 and receive a +4 Terrain Modifier but the Total is a 10. I assume the extra +1 is an undocumented modifier from being at a higher level. Don't want to report it to Tom unless I know for sure this is the case.

Thanks
Jack

Sorry for the late answer Jack, I missed that one somehow.

No, the +1 TM for firing uphill is not applied to units on upper level receiving fire from units at a lower level.

Sorry for the late answer Jack, I missed that one somehow.

No, the +1 TM for firing uphill is not applied to units on upper level receiving fire from units at a lower level.

Really?!? Where is that in the rules. I was sure that firing to any higher elevation, be it hill or building, received the +1TM.
Now if it is a stone building and since modifiers can't be more than +4TM then I can see it being dropped, but not always....

The only place indicating you get a +1 for being fired on from lower units is in a hill hex and this is in the TEC. Nowhere else is this evocated

Back