Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

Kram747

SITREP Fri 6 Oct 23

Hi all,

Got a lot sorted this week. I now have CCA performing an echeloned attack in the tuorial scenario. THe attack code now created nearbydefend tasks for those forces from the battalion sub-attacks that start near to their sub attack FUP and reserve locations. This prevents them from heading back only to come forward. It ended up a bigger job than I thought and I still have to handle cases when one Bn arrives early to its resLoc and the other is still to arrive. But by and large it is working.

View attachment 9565
Again Dave great work! played a lot of other war games but nothing comes close to co2

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
SITREP Thu 12 Oct 23

Hi all,

I've worked flat out this week but alas, the game is still not in a fit state for beta testing. I fixed the nearbySubAttack tasks and a plethora of issues that subsequently came up. Most of these have been to do with attack timings. With more different types of tasks in an attack, there are lots of cases to cater for. But it is pleasing to see the various attack combinations being put in.

I go under the surgeon's knife tomorrow and if all goes well will need six weeks to recover. That means I should be able to get stuck back in in December. Sorry for the disappointing news but it wasn't for lack of trying. I'll monitor this forum in the meantime. Bye for now.

SITREP Thu 12 Oct 23

Hi all,

I've worked flat out this week but alas, the game is still not in a fit state for beta testing. I fixed the nearbySubAttack tasks and a plethora of issues that subsequently came up. Most of these have been to do with attack timings. With more different types of tasks in an attack, there are lots of cases to cater for. But it is pleasing to see the various attack combinations being put in.

I go under the surgeon's knife tomorrow and if all goes well will need six weeks to recover. That means I should be able to get stuck back in in December. Sorry for the disappointing news but it wasn't for lack of trying. I'll monitor this forum in the meantime. Bye for now.
Hope all goes well, Dave.

Recovery is quite possble.

I'm back after a three week hospital stay in hospital following open heart surgery to correct a life threatening heart aneurysm which emerged a month after a two week stay following a valve replacement.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hope all goes well, Dave.

Recovery is quite possble.

I'm back after a three week hospital stay in hospital following open heart surgery to correct a life threatening heart aneurysm which emerged a month after a two week stay following a valve replacement.
Gee Jim, that's major. Mine is minor by comparison. I'm typing one handed at the moment. My left forearm is encased in plaster. The first week after the op was painful. Thankfully now it's just a dull pain with intermittent sharp spasms, and these are getting less frequent. The plaster comes off this Friday and a much smaller and lighter fiberglass cast applied for the following four weeks. I wish you a full recovery Jim. All the best mate.

Gee Jim, that's major. Mine is minor by comparison. I'm typing one handed at the moment. My left forearm is encased in plaster. The first week after the op was painful. Thankfully now it's just a dull pain with intermittent sharp spasms, and these are getting less frequent. The plaster comes off this Friday and a much smaller and lighter fiberglass cast applied for the following four weeks. I wish you a full recovery Jim. All the best mate.
Thanks Dave.

I'm well past the worst of the recovery process and feeling significantly more chipper than before the operation.

The whole issue came as a surprise to me, as I was seeing cardiologist regularly and he had pin pointed a problem with the rhythm rather than the function as the cause of my symptoms. Turned out there was a cascade of problems all with similar symptoms and at the moment and probably for the next year or so will be juggling schedules among four cardiac specialties to monitor full recovery.

I had once joked to one of my early caretakers for a different problem that at my age all my new friends are medical professionals. Four years later the joke has come true.

I wish you the best at your recovery. I'm looking forward to helping with your project in my new spare time away from doctor's care.

Take care,

jim

john connor

Indeed, Jim, that sounds like the real thing. But you sound positive! Wishing you the very best with recovery! Take care! Peter

MarkShot

Dave,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with aging joints. I know how that feels lower disks in my back have just seemed plum wore out. Sadly, I cannot take steroids for pain as it suppresses the immune system, but as I have cardiac problems and a heart attack (remember I was back on COTA work just a couple weeks following discharge). Oh yeah, for my back I am on opiates which I would rather not be. Well, I hope you will be back to giving piano recitals soon.

Jim,

Both you and Dave had my prayers. I did open heart at 39. To replace a failing aortic valve with a metallic flapper. At the time, minimally invasive existed, but it was just in its infancy. Not wanting to be on the bleeding edge of medical tech, I did the whole saw the sternum and rib spreader. F-ing OUCH!!!

So, I hope today you'll have gotten away with laparoscopic minimally invasive by the present day.

Myself, since the C & V of the last few years, I have stopped believing in medicine. I take medications only ... no more tests or procs ... and already got about 20 more years than 4 cardiologist said I would have on my heart. So, each morning is bonus and blessing.

Y'all take care now. God bless you both.

MarkShot aka the war gaming beta who luckily never saw the business end of a gun.

song

Ha ha ha, very happily to see that our forum has gradually entered the stage of middle and old age, we seem to meet in the nursing home of old friends in happily talks. Yes, I am also middle-aged and in much less physical shape than I used to be, but the love of the game still keeps us together and chatting happily. I believe that's the charm of the game, and thank God it shows that the game has enough depth to appeal to us mature and attractive men like us, looking forward to new updates coming out sooner Because we're getting older.

Last edited:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
song,

That gave me good laugh! Thanks.:)

Mark,

My days of piano recitals are long past. I did teach myself to play the piano...well at least to read the music. But alas my youthful dreams of being a musician were dashed with the realisation I lacked serious talent in that department.

The good news is that I started coding again yesterday, albeit typing at a much reduced speed with just one good hand. Here is a shot of my arm in a cast. I wanted the cast with the animal paw marks but the nurse said that was for kids. So, I got the red one instead.

20231103_102635.jpg

GoodGuy

Dave,

Sorry to hear you are having problems with aging joints. I know how that feels lower disks in my back have just seemed plum wore out. Sadly, I cannot take steroids for pain as it suppresses the immune system,
Hi Mark,
did you consider getting some artificial discs? If that's a feasable option, it would remove the pain, completely.

One of my lower discs acted up 11 yrs ago. The hearniated thing didn't cause massive pain but its pressure on the spinal cord caused some serious 24/7 cramps in my hip and upper leg and left me with one half-paralyzed foot ("drop foot"). A surgeon (professor/teacher) favored what she called the "classic" treatment, as she wasn't sure if it was a fully herniated disc or just overstrained muscles (even though I provided detailed MRT images, where you could see that it was about a herniated disc), so she prescribed high doses of cortisone and denied to perform a surgery. The cortisone made ALL symptoms disappear within 2 or 3 days. Basically, the cortisone pulls the water out of the disc, so that it shrinks (and stops to put pressure on the spinal cord).
The surgeon told me to stop taking it after several weeks (I was so hungry all the time, the cortisone made me pretty much eat all day, lol), but after I had stopped taking it, all the symptoms came back, but like 2 times worse this time (not surprising, as the disc then gets back to its old size, sometimes a disc relocates or the prolapse gets even bigger). I figured that I had run into the wrong surgeon and went to the ER of the university hospital, described the symptoms, handed over the images and let them create some additional xrays. The senior physician and his assistants asked me why I didn't come earlier (the whole ordeal was going on for some 6 weeks already), and I told them about the professor and her 'classic' approach. The doctors just shook their heads and asked "what classic aproach?" It sounded pretty much like "wtf is a 'classic' approach?" In order to prevent permanent damage, they didn't let me go and rushed to schedule the surgery two days later, where they performed a partial discectomy. When I woke up after surgery, all symptoms were gone.
The disc has been acting up a bit again, lately, so I might have to get another surgery sometime. Since a vital part of the disc had been removed back then, the symptoms are pretty mild, right now.

I hope you get better, Mark. Pls take care.

Last edited:

MarkShot

Thanks, GoodGuy.

I was in for open heart in 1999. At the time, there was nothing funny about it. But I will back when I have some time with a funny Nurse Rachet story.

Keydet

Looks like I missed almost 2 months of postings. Strange I am not seeing these. Glad that things are working out for the team. I am thinking this group has a statistically significant different health status and experience than the general population.

MarkShot

Well, I am closing in on 70. When I met Dave and Paul in the USA many years ago, I had the impression that they had 10 years on me.

There is nothing wrong with my health if I wake up in the morning. I don't want to be part of the GENZ TIK-TOK demographic.

Could you imagine explaining CO2 in a 45 second TIK TOK or DouYing? LOL