Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Battle Generator v2.0

Surfcandy

Is the LnLT Battle Generator v2.0 Spiral Booklet available? The store says "out of stock" but others at LnL Publishing say it is in stock. Which is it? Thanks

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I can definitely tell you it won't be ready today, as I'm still working on it. This is done on a volunteer basis and right now, my real jobs, the ones that are paying my bills, are requiring my time. I'll get back to the Battle Generator when I have free time again (not before a couple of weeks, at the very least)

Surfcandy

Thanks for the response. It's just when LnLP tells me it's in stock definitely and just be patient available later today or tomorrow (said a few days ago) and then it's all wrong causes distrust in what they say. That's how I role.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I understand but they probably gave you that information based on what I told them I was hoping to be able to do. I unfortunately was not able to meet my self-imposed deadlines. Sure, they could have told you nothing and let you buy something that could end being updated in 2-4 weeks, maybe less, maybe more. They tried to be accomodating I guess.

That is why I personnaly never ask game companies when XYZ will be done. It put pressure on them and, because they try to please, the deadlines given are, most often than not, not met, leading to disapointment. If I wait patiently for the product to get out, and get it at that moment, I'm not disapointed :)

HariSeldon

I purchased the generator two months ago. What is being updated? Will there be an update summary posted for those who purchased version 2?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
So far (and this will be the main correction), we've added missing units (crews, for example). We also corrected some maximum numbers (because they were not correctly reflecting the maximum number of counters avaialble in the countersheets).

We plan on detailing the cost for "other" counters (fortification for example), instead of having a generic 5 points cost for everything.

Finally, I'll be going over the procedures and tweak them here and there, or clarify them.

All those modifications should end up in the Clarifications and Corrections document. If this is not the case, please get in touch with me

Surfcandy

The LnLT Battle Generator v2.0 Spiral Booklet is now available is this the newer updated version
I can definitely tell you it won't be ready today, as I'm still working on it. This is done on a volunteer basis and right now, my real jobs, the ones that are paying my bills, are requiring my time. I'll get back to the Battle Generator when I have free time again (not before a couple of weeks, at the very least)

It is now available is it the newer version that you are referring to?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
As far as I can tell, the "upgraded" wording in the webstore's product description refers to the passage from 1.0 to 2.0, when the Battle Generator went from being Module-specific to Generic. I'm working on updating the V2.0

As I said, so far (and this will be the main correction), we've added missing units (crews, for example). We also corrected some maximum numbers (because they were not correctly reflecting the maximum number of counters avaialble in the countersheets). It is possible that the version now available does include those corrections but I doubt it.

What I will do this week-end (because I'm back to a more reasonnable 8h/day, 6 days/week work schedule) is detailing the cost for "other" counters (fortification for example), instead of having a generic 5 points cost for everything and go over the procedures and tweak them here and there, or clarify them.

Note that the current 2.0 version has been out for a while and people have used it with no specific complains so I guess it is working fine :)

Surfcandy

As far as I can tell, the "upgraded" wording in the webstore's product description refers to the passage from 1.0 to 2.0, when the Battle Generator went from being Module-specific to Generic. I'm working on updating the V2.0

As I said, so far (and this will be the main correction), we've added missing units (crews, for example). We also corrected some maximum numbers (because they were not correctly reflecting the maximum number of counters avaialble in the countersheets). It is possible that the version now available does include those corrections but I doubt it.

What I will do this week-end (because I'm back to a more reasonnable 8h/day, 6 days/week work schedule) is detailing the cost for "other" counters (fortification for example), instead of having a generic 5 points cost for everything and go over the procedures and tweak them here and there, or clarify them.

Note that the current 2.0 version has been out for a while and people have used it with no specific complains so I guess it is working fine :)
Thanks if I buy the current 2.0 will I be able to DL /or have emailed the future corrections you'll be making? It also sounds like the corrections are not that many or game breaking.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
As I said previously in this thread, all those modifications should end up in the Clarifications and Corrections document. If this is not the case, please get in touch with me.

As for being few of them...I'd say there are many corrections (for example, there are probably 40+ missing unit costs) but they are, for the most part, inconsequential (missing crews fore example, which you only very rarely see in scenario OOB, and always in special roles, which is not what the Battle Generator is designed for), even more so if you don't use the Unit Point Cost tables

Erik Winroth

In the old v2.0, all Soviet support weapons from HotM is missing and the 1-3-4-4 half squad have the wrong cost. I hope these are fixed in the new version.

Last edited:

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Hi Erik!

All missing units were added to the Battle Generator 2.1.

We did not modify the 1-3-4-4 half-squad cost; it is still 7, like the same ARVN and VC half-squads in HOTN

Surfcandy

So what is shipping now website says Battle Generator 2.0 everyone at LnLP says it's 2.1. Which is it?

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I don't think nobody said that v2.1 was shipping. My guess would be that the website is correct, considering I sent my last modificaitons on December 24th, just before the holidays

Surfcandy

I don't think nobody said that v2.1 was shipping. My guess would be that the website is correct, considering I sent my last modificaitons on December 24th, just before the holidays

The website is often incorrect with the game/module information. I trust your advice.