Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Battle Generator v2.0

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The website is often incorrect with the game/module information. I trust your advice.

I guess it should be made available a short time after they come back from the holidays. I know they are short on staff in the warehouse because of Covid

Surfcandy

I guess it should be made available a short time after they come back from the holidays. I know they are short on staff in the warehouse because of Covid
Any chance you could find out when (or if already available just not updated on website) 2.1 will be available in booklet.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I have not heard back from anyone yet but it's been only 4 days, with a week-end...

Erik Winroth

Got the new version (pdf) of Battle Generator - looks really nice.
I am missing costs for Wire, Mines, Bunkers, Foxholes and Trenches.
I guess that these are gathered under Miscellaneous?
In some of the old module-specific modules, all these were listed with different costs depending on protection level etc.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Yes they are gathered under Miscelanneous, kind of.

They will again have distinctive costs in the v2.1.of the Battle Generator

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
That, I can't answer because I'm not the one taking those decisions (thankfully :)) but, specifically on the fortifications thing, get in touch with me privately and I will fix you up

Surfcandy

Something tells me if you have the scenario generator for the individual modules you don't need Battle Generator 2.1.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Hi Surfcandy!

I'm assuming that, by "scenario generator for the individual modules", you mean the specific Battle Generators (BGs) that were made available for quite a few modules right? Unfortunately, I can't really answer your question, as I never had those specific BGs in my hand (except the free HOTP BG PDF). When I was tasked with updating the generic BG 2.0, I started from there, as this was the only BG available.

From what I can tell, there was already quite a few 'systemic" differences between the specific BGs and the generic BG 2.0. My work consisted in integrating errata and clarifications from 2.0 into 2.1. I cannot speak of the "evolution" between the specific BGs and the generic BG 2.0

I guess my answer would be yes, if you are not looking into doing battles across modules (VC against Argentine, for example) and you are happy with the specific BGs, there is no point in buying the generic BG 2.1. But, from what I can tell, only the generic BG 2.1 will be supported from now on, as this is the most up to date BG.

Surfcandy

So what's new these days? Is Battle Generator 2.1 advertised on the website what you get and is it the most recent version of BG? Oh and one more question is it worth getting a newer BG if you have the 1.0 specific Battle Generators for each module. Not interested in cross battles ex Vietnam vs Germans.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
I'm waiting for an answer from LNLP to confirm that the BG sold on the webstore is v2.1 9some info seems to point toward v2.0).

If you are happy with the specific Battle Generator 1.0, I would not recommand getting 2.1, which is really an updated version of 2.0, correcting/adding some data in the Unit Point Cost Tables and clarifying some stuff in the generic Ésystem", which itself is really different than the one from the BG 1.0 (from what I can tell from the HOTP BG 1.0, the only one I have).

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Got confirmation today that the Battle Generator available for sale on LNLP webtore is indeed v2.1

Surfcandy

Oh don't want to get caught in a word game. Is the 2.1 version they say is now available on LNL website for the spiral bound edition or just for the PDF version?

Surfcandy

What unclear? The website clearly states 2 options. One spiral bound + PDF (which means spiral sent and PDF downloadable after purchase) Or two PDF only. Am I correct?