Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

10.7.1 Combat Reduction

Felix58

A video has raised this question.
10.7.1 One-Step reduction is Disrupted and two-step is reduced.

My understanding is that a full strength unit, when called to take a two step loss, is reduced. It is not "reduced and disrupted", i.e., it is not cumulative. The reduced unit is not disrupted, but has taken a half-step reduction.

Similarly, a Disrupted Unit that is called to take a one-step loss, is reduced. Not reduced and remains disrupted.

thx

Barthheart

Staff member
That's not correct. 1st loss causes Disruption, 2nd loss causes Reduction. They are cumulative.
An already Disrupted unit that takes another loss is Reduced and stays Disrupted.

Which video were you watching?

Keith Tracton

Staff member
That's not correct. 1st loss causes Disruption, 2nd loss causes Reduction. They are cumulative.
An already Disrupted unit that takes another loss is Reduced and stays Disrupted.

Which video were you watching?

Yes as Bathhart says.

And also my question: which video? I can reach out and make sure they know about the correction. Thanks for playing!! :)

Felix58

Hi Keith and Barthheart,

The video was playing it correctly. My first post was my interpretation of the rules, which is pretty much the standard for most games of this ilk. The concept would be: a section of a platoon is disrupted (first step), the section is destroyed (2nd step), etc. "The interpretation" is more brutal and reflects a judgement, which is fine, and I presume a result of testing for play balance.

To be honest, I have not played enough scenarios to make a considered judgement. When I watched the video I was wondering if the interpretation was a bit tough on the Warsaw pact units, obviously they will suffer more Disruption than NATO. At least, I can now playtest using the correct interpretation!

Thanks for your quick response and clarification.

Last edited: