Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Artillery Effectiveness

john connor

Just a general query, Dave, though I can back up with saves and examples in future if there's anything to it. What is artillery effectiveness meant to be like? I seem to be regularly seeing that a concentrated bombardment (I'm guessing that's what it is from the graphics, though I don't really know - it looks heavy, anyway) of about half an hour (with breaks) onto entrenched troops, whether they're in the open, in a town, whatever, will (a) cause them to break and retreat, (b) occasion at least 20% casualties. If it continues for an hour (again, with breaks) then I regularly see around 33% casualties, sometimes followed by a rout. Is this all within the bounds of normal, working as intended? I have no idea how effective real arty was. Anecdotally, I had expected that entrenched troops, especially in an urban setting, might (a) withstand the attack better (though much will depend on their starting stats, of course), (b) take less casualties.

Peter