Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

COMMENT - 5.0.10 vs 5.0.11

Jim Cobb

5.0.10 seems to have several critical bugs. Should I wait for 5.0.11 before updating?

Jim Cobb

rjantzi

That's the plan for me. I'm sticking with 5.0.9 until some of these have been corrected. Hopefully 5.0.11 comes out next week as 5.0.10 has a lot of good changes but, unfortunately, it seems that a few features got broken in the process.

Daz

5.0.10 has a lot of random crash to desktop for me, making it a pain to play.
If I get time Ill try to look for a pattern to help out with crushing them.

Daz

Guys, if you play with the Force Data Dialogue closed (not very convenient I know), then the game is much more playable as you won't get the random CTD's.
You can still use the Dialogue when the game is paused, but be sure to close it before you run the game again.
Be sure to click on the Edit Task markers twice to make sure you are giving orders to the current selected units as well.

If you get any other problems, no matter how small be sure to report them so we can get this excellent game back in shape again ;)

Last edited:

rjantzi

Hi Daz, good advice. I understand I'm not helping the beta process if I don't upgrade. It's just that I was enjoying playing the game using 5.0.09 and when I saw the problems 5.0.10 was having I held back.
I think what I'll do now is go ahead with the 5.0.10 update, play with that (using your suggestions above regarding the Force Data and Edit Task functions) and see what it's like and report any other issues I come across. I believe I saw Dave post in another thread that he was working to get 5.0.11 out this week so it won't be too long to wait.

On a side note, as a new player to the CO family I have to say how impressed I am with what I've seen with CO2 (even with it's beta issues). I'm really looking forward to playing the finalized version.