Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
Heroes of Normandy Vassal Module

Heroes of Normandy Vassal Module v2.4

ChuckB

Hi,

I was just wondering (really really hoping! :)) that you may be able to include the X-Maps, and where available the 4K X-Maps, in the LnLT vassal modules as they really improve the gameplay experience for me, and, I'm guessing, many others.

Thanks loads for all your work, it's very much appreciated!

Cheers,

Simon

Totally agree - that would be fantastic!

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
The movement trail in this module only connect the starting hex and the last hex moved into (like as crow fly), while, in other modules, it connects all hexes moved to so, when you move hex per hex, you get to visualize the path taken much more precisely.

Also, and I think this is across all modules, it would be nice if the Delete Admin button automaticaly flip smoke 1 markers to their smoke 2 side and remove the smoke 2 counters from the map.

Trent Garner

The movement trails work in HoN as intended, as far as I can tell. If you move a unit to each individual hex, the movement trail will be marked in each hex. If you move a unit across several hexes without stopping in each one, it will mark the starting and ending hex. This is clearly demonstrated in the image below.

upload_2020-5-7_22-49-18.png

There is no setting for Movement Trails that would allow for just one or the other behavior exclusively, to my knowledge. Movement Trails are either enabled or disabled. This applies equally to all Vassal modules, not just LnLTactical.

RE: smoke markers. The Delete Admin button is just a hot-key for the Delete function that only applies to specific counters with the same hot-key. Smoke 2 could have that same Delete hot-key, of course. However, it would require an additional toolbar button dedicated to flipping the smoke marker from side 1 to side 2. I'm not sure the effort is worth the reward to implement this across all LnLT modules. In my experience, smoke is not used with much frequency and fails to appear, as often as not, when attempted.

Attachments

• upload_2020-5-7_22-15-5.png
    upload_2020-5-7_22-15-5.png
    7.6 MB · Views: 3
  • upload_2020-5-7_22-15-27.png
    upload_2020-5-7_22-15-27.png
    404.1 KB · Views: 3

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Found a solution to the movement trail problem. For some reason. the Marked Moved Pieces in the Preferences window was unchecked. Checking it resolved the problem.

No problem for the smoke markers, that was only a suggestion