Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Latest Build

Lee Thompson

Sorry meant 5.1.31 - not too keen on steam - think someone said that only steam had the latest version, how come those that buy the game online can't have the same version

Lee Thompson

Any date when the beta build is going to released for everyone? - loads of additional scenario's that only work with 5.1.31

john connor

So it has. Dave is still working on it, at least I can report that. It's HQ basing he's working on, quite a significant issue.

panzerpit

Well... This game teaches us not only tactical skills, but a lot of patience as well. Luckily it is well worth it. :)

john connor

Well, the basing fix will be worth it, I think. Dave is trying to fix the issue with HQs and bases sometimes ending up out front of a march. They don't normally end up out front of an Attack because he already implemented basing code to make sure they 'base' well back from an attack, but now he's trying to write similar code for March orders (at least for March orders, not sure if for Defend orders, too). So I very much hope that's successful, because that issue has, so far, ALWAYS been with us, and has always cropped up, periodically, since the inception of the game way way back. And it ruins immersion, at the very least, when non-combat units behave that way and get caught out. So, certainly worth waiting for, I think, for me. Though you're right, it's certainly been a very long wait to get to this latest patch, I think. Hopefully, not so long now. We do not yet have a build to beta test the new code, but once we do it might be a relatively short time after that to release (assuming testing doesn't throw up anything too evil...) which will hopefully mean the release of Bradley at Bay also, as that has been pretty thoroughly tested now, I believe.

Well, the basing fix will be worth it, I think. Dave is trying to fix the issue with HQs and bases sometimes ending up out front of a march. They don't normally end up out front of an Attack because he already implemented basing code to make sure they 'base' well back from an attack, but now he's trying to write similar code for March orders (at least for March orders, not sure if for Defend orders, too). So I very much hope that's successful, because that issue has, so far, ALWAYS been with us, and has always cropped up, periodically, since the inception of the game way way back. And it ruins immersion, at the very least, when non-combat units behave that way and get caught out. So, certainly worth waiting for, I think, for me. Though you're right, it's certainly been a very long wait to get to this latest patch, I think. Hopefully, not so long now. We do not yet have a build to beta test the new code, but once we do it might be a relatively short time after that to release (assuming testing doesn't throw up anything too evil...) which will hopefully mean the release of Bradley at Bay also, as that has been pretty thoroughly tested now, I believe.

Fixing HQs is definitely one of the most important things to be done. I hope some work is done to curb the AI objective dashing - it usually breaks the frontline at night with small units and dashes straight towards objectives, sometimes as far as 20 km behind, becoming an easy target for my reserves. IMO it should limit its breakthroughs - perhaps by only doing so with units of certain size and closer to the front line.

southern58

Yes it's still the latest "official" build. The 5.1.31 is a beta build only available on steam.
Guys, I am little bit tired of waiting for the access to V5.1.31.
I have purchased the game directly from you to support your business and to ensure that I get the best support possible.
Now I see that for months the steam community get's priority attention.
This is actually disappointing for me.
Would it not be an option to provide non-steam customers also a product key for steam as well?
Kind regards
southern58

panzerpit

Would it not be an option to provide non-steam customers also a product key for steam as well?
It's not only possible, but it has already been done. Go to the LNL Store web site, then display My Account page, then
My Downloads & Serial Keys page. There you can get Steam keys for purchased products.