Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Opportunity fire

Jimmy hansen

5.3 OF attacks equaling the MP cost of the movement. Question. Can a unit OF TWICE on a target that expended two MPs to enter a hex. Or, if two MPs were expended by the target, OF attacks by two separate units (each firing once, if two are able to OF) are appropriate for resolution. Thoughts on MP expenditure against OF units is desired. Thanks

Jimmy hansen

Moving units can be subjected to attacks equaling the number of MPs to enter a hex. So, 2MPs the enter a hex equals two separate attacking hexes firing one time OF. ??

karlson

I thought about the reason for it. Because if I have a fortified position with units in three hexes and the enemy runs runs straight over the open field,only one stack is allowed to shoot at it. The other two are just watching. Seems questionable. Why shouldn't they also be able to fire on the rushing enemy?
On the other hand I can understand the idea that a unit runs from one hex with cover over the open ground to another hex with cover has to be recognized by the enemie first. With other words it happens so fast that not all stacks are quick enough to react.
A tank which expands 4 MPs to enter a hex would cause so much more attention then a quiet bunch of soldiers running over open ground.
Maybe there should be some kind of alert status marker to make your units eligible for Op Fire out of the row but it cannot do anything else for the turn. Maybe with the ability to keep it over the turns to be able to react quickly as the defender.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
That being said, I have only very rarely opp fired more than once at a hex in over one hundred LNL(T) games