Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Options > Force Footprint Styles

Daz

Version 5.1.28

What's happened to the other options for the units footprints like filled and rounder?
All I am seeing on screen is the old box type.
I do recalling something about it being temporarily disabled because of a performance hit, but can't find the forum thread for it.

If its going to be a permanent thing, which would be a shame, the options for it in the options menu should be greyed out.

Daz

I never had any game performance issues on my setup, with the filled and rounded footprints (which I preferred) if that helps?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Using those options while the game is paused is OK but not when the game is running. It's all to do with the crappy MS D2D drawing routines. These work ok if no unit is selected but if you select multiple units while the game is running, go put the kettle on, make yourself a nice meal or walk around the block and come back in half an hour. They just don't work. At some point in the future we'll look again at how we can implement this efficiently. That will involve a different drawing engine for sure. In the meantime I'll grey out the options.