Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Replay Button?

Col Berki

Hi there

After years of dabbling with this game I am now making a concerted effort to seriously get to grips with it. It is tremendous to play the Maleme airfield scenario at the same time as working through Antony Beevor's great book on Crete (in spite of the the reference to Whippet tanks) - or play Operation Crusader while using TIK's mammoth YouTube documentary as an aid.

Just one question which will clearly show my ignorance - but anyway! There is a Replay button on the opening screen. That suggests that there is a way to record the game. Please would some kind person explain to me how to record. I am sure it is glaringly obvious but for the life of me I haven't a clue. I have read the various manuals and none of them even refer to the Replay button.

Many thanks

john connor

Hey Col Berki. Each 'session' is automatically recorded and the recording stored in the recordings folder in the main install. To play back the last session just select it using that replay button you've spotted. So choosing a replay is instead of choosing a game, load, new scenario etc. Each time you start a new session a new recording is made, overwriting the last, so if you want to save a recording from automatic erasure just rename it when you exit a session, then you'll also be able to select it for play using the replay button and it won't be overwritten.

I forget what you can do with replays - whether you can take them over, interrupt them, continue where they left off, etc - it's a while since I used one, and only then for bug reports - but no doubt you can experiment with the functionality and find out.

Col Berki

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

I checked my main install and there was no Recordings folder so I naturally assumed the worst. At my age when it comes to any tech you always assume the worst :) But I went and manually created the folder, started up a new game and volia! There it was! The "game-recording.cor" file!! And it worked, no less! Do I really need it? I don't know - but it is great to have. So back to rectifying Freyberg's mistakes. Spoiler alert, General. The attack is not coming from the sea!!!

Again thanks, John. The help is appreciated

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply.

I checked my main install and there was no Recordings folder so I naturally assumed the worst. At my age when it comes to any tech you always assume the worst :) But I went and manually created the folder, started up a new game and volia! There it was! The "game-recording.cor" file!! And it worked, no less! Do I really need it? I don't know - but it is great to have. So back to rectifying Freyberg's mistakes. Spoiler alert, General. The attack is not coming from the sea!!!

Again thanks, John. The help is appreciated
I like to experiment with tactics to learn the game.

To do that I pause the game, craft orders for the situation, and create a save using a combination of date and time and alpha as a suffix.

If I don't get the result I sought with the order, I'll pause the current track recording the new day-time position with the same alpha and reload the previous save to recraft the orders from that point, assigning a different alpha to the save file name before restarting from that point,

In that manner I can determine whether the "a" track, "b" track or "c" track makes the most progress toward the scenario's objectives to discover which of the various order combinations is working best.