Screen Size

Discussion in 'Command Ops Series' started by Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor, Feb 11, 2015.

?

Do you still need Cmd Ops to run on a computer with 1024 x 768 screen size?

1. Yes

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  2. No

49 vote(s)
    94.2%
  1. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor Panther Games Designer

Hi all,

I had changed the min specs for CO2 so that it required a min screen size of 1366 x 768. One of our beta testers says he still runs a laptop with 1024 x 768 screen. I am trying to gauge whether this is worth supporting. I would need to make changes to the Scenario Selection screen if we are to revert back to 1024 x 768. I will do so if there is a reasonable number of people requiring it.

2. panzerpit

panzerpit Member

Dave, what about 1200x1024 screen size? Will it be supported?

3. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Sorry I just realised that our minimum horizontal screen size is 1366 so no a 1200 screen width won't be supported.

4. panzerpit

panzerpit Member

So it will not be possible to play CO2 on once standard 5x4 aspect ratio monitors? It's only 86 pixels (1280) of difference - may be You will manage to do something with it? :)
    Btw, what about multiple monitors support. In fact i use 2 monitors running in 1280x1024 resultion. May be it will be possible to expand the main game window on both monitors?

5. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

The battlemap draws to the main screen. It is not in a resizeable window. However, all the dialogs can be repositioned across multiple monitors.

6. panzerpit

panzerpit Member

Ok, that sounds good. Thanks. I hope, i'll be able to test it soon :)

7. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

8. Shadrach

Shadrach Member

I'd be happier if it was possible to run CO2 in a window, for various reasons, one being that I want to be able to move it between screens.

I know it alt+tabs fine but a window would be a bit more practical in some scenarios.

9. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Would you be happy to accept the likely 15% hit on game speed that this would cause?

10. Groth

Groth Member

I would. I don't think CO2 will impact heavy on a modern Gaming-PC. I love watching some series during long sessions of TBS and wargames.

Greup likes this.
  11. papymaj5

papymaj5 Member

I'm pro windowed mode also. For similar reasons.

Greup likes this.
  12. Bobbyb1

Bobbyb1 Member

Windowed-most would be very welcome.

Greup likes this.
  13. Perturabo

Perturabo Member

I play Command Ops only in windowed mode (on Wine). I can't imagine playing a game like this fullscreen.

14. mga

mga Member

Some time ago I tried CO on a 2560x1600 monitor but it didn't play well with it, zooming was broken (parts of the map were in seemingly random places). Another problem was trying to make the Windows fonts bigger. It broke the left side interface since the text was bigger than the space allocated for it.

15. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

The new dialog interface is part way to fixing the font size issue but we will need to resize each dialog and scale the text boxes within to totally address that. That won't happen this update but we will get to it down the track. As to the zooming issue I'm not sure I fully understand. Can you provide a screen shot. We'll be releasing the beta pretty soon and I would appreciate if you could test it again then.

16. mga

mga Member

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try to post a screenshot later today when I get home. I am looking forward to buying the new release.

17. mga

mga Member

I've created two screenshots, ss1 displaying the map problem, and another one ss2, showing both the map problem and the one with the text when it's set to bigger than normal. The screenshots were made on 2560x1600 but they were re-sized to half their original size. The map gets like that after you zoom in and then you try to scroll. The screenshots were made on the demo version of the game.

ss1.png ss2.png

18. Greup

Greup Member

I too would like to be able to play in windowed mode. I use 2 monitors so its a great help to be able to adjust how much or how little of the total screen area to devote to the game. I ususally have the game on one monitor while playing any game and have the other for other stuff.