Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

SITREP

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hi all. Just to let you know that I've been a busy little beaver since the new year started. It's close of business here on Friday the 16th. I was hoping to put out a beta build for our beta testers today but that's not happening.
We're almost there. I have written all the code (including the UI changes in the ScenMaker) to handle the conversion of data based on the scenario file type. I have actually run and tested the conversion code for the core scenarios - ie the ones that will ship with the engine. I have yet to convert all the modules.

I have also finished the new Scenario Selection screen save for a recalcitrant Situation Awareness Map (SAM) which for some reason that eludes me today is drawing the wretched thing off to the right. You can just see it in this screen dump. Hopefully I will sort that out on Monday. I then have to write the code to allow the scenario designer to specify the SAM file in the ScenMaker.

Note that in the Scenario Selection screen it now has the following data for each scenario in the list - name, start, duration, active unit count. You can sort the list by each data type. When you select a scenario from the list it displays its SAM and description on the right.

So just to recap. Almost done. I will aim to get out a build for our beta testers early next week. This is just a first pass sanity check to see that nothing too dramatic is amiss. If that passes master I will release a public beta a week later.

SAM Offset to Right.jpg

john connor

Great stuff, Dave. But the title 'Command Ops 2' graphic doesn't look like that in the real thing, does it?
I mean this bit:

7.png

Looks kind of fuzzy and indistinct, both the lettering and the background. To me, anyway....

This kind of thing (below) looks bolder and clearer, no?

9.png

Trifling point, of course......

Have a good weekend!

john connor

Ok. I hadn't realised it was a shoulder patch look. Cool. I understand now. It's cloth.

I would prefer it to be the same 'material' as the object it's stuck on top of. But it really doesn't matter.

The Plodder

Something like this Dave?
HbbkMtU.jpg

Daz

I quite like Dave's shoulder patch, but it needs centring up a bit, and detaching from the selection panel I would say.

papymaj5

Hi Dave,

Is the Scenario Selection window movable in the game? It looks like it is over lapping the menu to the right and the logo.

Looks great so far! I am very excited to see it for myself.