Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Buttoned Tanks and spotting-Solo Module.

Echo419

In a HATRS scenario I'm playing a buttoned AEO tank has found itself adjacent to an infantry PU in a building. Now Following the AEO rules it will remain buttoned while in line of sight of a PU. The AEO gets the priority order to fire, but the thing is it has to make a spotting attempt with a +1 modifier as the PU hasn't acted yet and buttoned vehicles don't auto spot (it will only succeed on a roll of 1).

Given that driving or eliminating PU's out of certain buildings is a Victory condition within a certain turn limit, the AEO could waste the entire game trying to spot if followed strictly. Furthermore the AEO has no infantry in this particular scenario with which to drive the infantry out.

Would I be correct to assume in this particular case it would be best to make a judgement call and have the AEO's tank unbutton to give it a better chance at eliminating the infantry?

It's in a weird spot on the map where no other PU has LOS to it but the one in the building.

Norm

Yes, good judgement overrides everything, I think your guide is 'what would I do if this was my unit'. The original SOLO rules in their playthrough did not really give judgement much emphasis and this left me feeling that I was playing it wrongly, as I quite frequently thought judgement was needed - however the new v1.5 rules walkthrough example give greater emphasis on judgement.

If an open vehicle is adjacent, then spotting is automatic (V5).