Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Digital Heroes of the Pacific - Starshells Issue

DeHammer

I assume there's an expectation of consistency between the digital version of the games and the board game versions?

If so, then there may be a correction needed to either the digital version of Heroes of the Pacific, or the printed Module Rules for Heroes of the Pacific board game.

The Module rules state that the US forces have a national starshell capability of 3.

Yet while playing the digital as US, the game states on the leaders that their starshell capability is '2', and during action attempting to lauch starshells, it was continually giving me a starshell capability of 2 when using a leader with 0 leadership modifier; or a starshell capability of 3 when my leader had a +1 modifier.

See images below.

MR_Starshells.jpg

This next image shows the US leaders with a base starshell capability of '2'.

Stryker_Starshells.JPG

Below you can see that first a US leader with +1 modifier was given a modified starshell '3'. A '4' was rolled which failed. Then further down another US leader with +0 modifier was given an unmodified starshell capability of '2'. Their roll of '3' failed.

The correct starshell capabilities according to the Module Rules should have been '4' and '3' respectively when the leadership modifiers are accounted for. Both of which would have passed with the rolls made in the game.

starshells.jpg

I know some people might think 'maybe the leader modifier comes off the roll in the background?' But if that were the case then you wouldn't see the game saying "roll 3 or less" in the first case where my leader modifier was +1, and then "roll 2 or less" where my leader's modifier was +0.

Also, the Core Rules are pretty clear that the base starshell capability is what is modified by the leader; not the die roll.

starshell_modifier_mechanics.jpg

Conclusion:

I'm pretty sure the digital game's calculator is working properly, but that the game simply has the wrong starshell capability for the US forces.... '2' when it should be '3'.

That, or the module rules for Heroes of Pacific are incorrect.

Last edited:

DeHammer

Thanks for fixing the US starshells capability! I love that you guys listen & respond to client feedback.