Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

JOINING TWO MAPS

Kurt

Dave, cant seem to join two maps despite following the step by step instructions in CO1 manual

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Kurt, help me out here. Can you please elaborate on the steps you took and indicate where in the process it fails and how you judge it to have failed. Did you c heck the altitude layers and ensured they had the same height per layer?

Kurt

Hi Dave, I have two completed maps with same layer data, base altitude, meters per interval . Both maps have same width.I have saved then "calculate terrain " then saved as cache. I re-sized one map to enable the second map to fit on top by increasing new height to sum of map one + map two. I repositioned map first map using the X , Y co-ordinates ( Y = 5000 , The map being imported is 5000m high ) . So I have map 1 originally 10000m high, now it is 15000m high and the blank space is on the top, all good so far. I have both maps open , I select map 1 and click " import map" , a dialogue box appears with map 2 in it, I click import , nothing happens. I have re-traced my steps and checked I have done everything by the book. :banghead:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
OK thanks for that. Can you please zip those two m aps and either email them to me direct (dave[at]panthergames[dot]com) or email a link that I can download them from. I'll then run it in debug mode and see what the problem. Thanks.

Kurt

Hi Dave, I have just emailed those maps to you , let me know if you dont receive them .

Kurt

Dave, sorry to be a pain but have you managed to sort that map joining issue yet ?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Bill,

I took a look at this with our debug MapMaker expecting to get an error but I didn't. It imported just fine. One thing I did note was that the height of the Rimling North map is in fact 4928 not 5,000. So as you can see in the screen shot below there is a bit of a gap. You need to check the exacty height in the Map Data dialog first and use that.Map Height.jpgView attachment 2292

Attachments

• Joined Maps.jpg
    Joined Maps.jpg
    608.5 KB · Views: 0

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
OK I did it again with the release version of MapMaker and this time I think I dawned on what you are doing wrong. You need to ensure you select the map even if it is the only option. Otherwise there is no map to import. If you select it from the list then it works fine.
Import Map Dialog.jpg