Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Leader-Hero Skill

Jeff Lewis

Leader-Hero can add IFP or LM to attack, but IFP will always be at least 1, so unless its IFP is 2 it's just a wash. He's a Leader, as stated on Skill text. Leadership Range is part of 11.1. No Leadership penalties when wounded: LM and LR remain 1. Seems all pretty clear here, guys. During Rally Phase he has the LM to subtract from other units' rally attempts.

He's just a badass Leader. No Shaking, and some with an IFP of 2, various Ranges and Morales, etc.

In addition to Hero qualities, he also has a Leadership modifier of one (1) that can be used for everything Leaders use theirs for (11.1). For example, during the Rally Phase they (sic) may attempt to rally ALL shaken units in their hex, just like a Leader (3.0).

Oh, I thought that the red text only made reference to the LM modifiers on 11.1, not to all Leaders' characteristics. Anyway, the LM is lost when the unit fires a SW, but I did not found that the LM is lost if the Leader uses his IFP... and that is because a normal Leader does not have IFP. Really a badass Hero-Leader.

Jeff Lewis

A Leader can't fire a SW and use LM; a Hero-Leader with IFP is the same thing; thus the note about IFP or LM essentially being a wash if both are 1. This seems ipso facto to me. I don't think text is need to clarify this. And a 2-IFP Hero-Leader adding LM of 1 is just ridiculous.

And 11.1 includes 11.1.1 and 11.1.2, thus all things a Leader can do.

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
Well, to be honest Jeff (and this could be my incomplete grasp of English showing up here), the sentence In addition to Hero qualities, he also has a Leadership modifier (LM) of 1 that can be used for everything Leaders use theirs for is not that clearly indicative that the hero acquires ALL leader capabilities. It seems he acquires only the ones that are related to the LM. It is only the second part of the sentence (e.g. during the Operation Phase, they can activate units in adjancet hexes), which is not, BTW, an example of LM use, that hint about a possible less restrictive interpretation.

I think no text need to be added, maybe just reworded such as In addition to Hero qualities, he also has all leader capabilities, including a Leadership modifier (LM) of 1 that can be used for everything Leaders use theirs for (and you could even scatch the last part of the sentence)

Regards
Stéphane

Jeff Lewis

The reason LM of 1 is stated is b/c some Leaders have an LM of 0 or 2.

"This Hero has exceptional Leadership". He is a Leader as well as a Hero. 11.1 is cited, and Ops Phase use of LR.

It's Leader-Hero not Leadership Modifier-Hero.

I hope this puts an end to this as I can only think we have a Lost in Translation situation going on here.