By David Heath on Jun 12, 2018 at 3:48 AM
  1. David Heath

David Heath Administrator
    Staff Member Support Staff

Lock 'n Load Tactical is a great system but it does have some scenarios that say pretend such and such terrain is not there or pretend that this terrain is now different. We are working on a special map pack that will add maps that show the proper terrain for those scenarios. These new style maps add a lot of new building and terrain and make the maps much more unique. Here are a few samples let us know what you think.

LnLT HON-Board18-redone sample.jpg Screen Shot 2018-06-09 at 20.00.04 copy_1.jpg LnLT HON-Board18-redone closeup.jpg

Comments

Discussion in 'Lock 'n Load Tactical Series' started by David Heath, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Barthheart
      Barthheart
      Cool idea. I like the hex corner markers instead of the full hex lines. Not keen on the smaller hex numbers as my eyes are getting older. New art work looks good.
      JLPreiser and PeterA like this.
    2. Stéphane Tanguay
      Stéphane Tanguay
      Ditto. Note that the new art might imply new LOS
    3. Barthheart
      Barthheart
      Good point on new art possible changing LoS....
    4. Stéphane Tanguay
      Stéphane Tanguay
      Probably only slightly though, like the "russianized" versions of ancient BOHx maps found in HOTM
    5. ChuckB
      ChuckB
      I hope they will be available as X-maps!
    6. Rydo
      Rydo
      Ths way the map feels more open. I really like the new style, good job Ln'L!
    7. David Heath
      David Heath
      They will only be available in X-Map Size and during testing, we didn't find any issues with LOS.

David
    8. Art Hall
      Art Hall
      Will we be able to buy only the maps that have changed?
    9. David Heath
      David Heath
      All the maps for one game will come together as one package.

David
    10. Captain Darling
      Captain Darling
      I like the idea of maps that match the scenarios, not so into the partial hexes or smaller hex numbers though!
    11. Richard D
      Richard D
      Thank you, Darling.
    12. JLPreiser
      JLPreiser
      I've got the same issue.
      My wife bought a magnifying lamp so I could read counters
    13. Double Deuce
      Double Deuce
      I would agree here. The smaller numbers might be easier to read on cardboard/paper than they are here on screen but that is a concern for me.
    14. David Heath
      David Heath
      Hi Guys,

I have viewing issues as well, but I do not feel these new maps will be an issue. I have taken a few pictures from iPhone so try to show you what I am seeing. The pictures on the left are the original maps. The pictures are on the right are the new style maps. You will see the maps on the right the hex numbers are easier to read. What say you all?

IMG_2474.jpeg IMG_2475.jpeg
      IMG_2476.jpeg IMG_2477.jpeg
      Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    15. MirabelleBenou
      MirabelleBenou
      New arts and hexes are a lot better I think. Really nice.
    16. Barthheart
      Barthheart
      OK, those pics make it clear that the numbers are not harder to see, at least for me. Really liking the hex corners.
    17. TerryB
      TerryB
      I agree 100% with Barthheart!, very nice and easy to see.
    18. Art Hall
      Art Hall
      looks good to me David............62 here and they are not to hard to see.