Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Opponent Finder

Nick DelCorpo

I used to play Advanced Tobruk System, but the company who makes it has run it into the ground and there has been a mass exodus of these payers looking for another system . I was lucky enough to be introduced to LnL-T by a friend of mine at a gamer group. Since then, I have been telling the other players of that other system to come over and give LnL-T a try. Many have, but iIoften get back that they have trouble finding opponents, Is there a way we can come up with a database that uses zip codes to match players up, if this already exist, forgive my ignorance. Also, I know there is a ton of Vassal support for the system, is there anything to match players for that medium as well.

IMHO: LnL-T blows ATS out of the water in every way possible, Counters, Maps, Scenarios, and of course customer Service!!!!

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Nick,

I working on Opponent Finder/Virtual Player. Do you have a system you like and used already I can look at. I really need to know what we want in the database most of all. Most things I find are for clans.

David

Nick DelCorpo

I've seen one system used by www.cryhavocfan.org where they use the purchase information to show players where people who buy stuff from the company are located. This isn't ideal I think, but the data of purchasers may in fact be of value in creating a database. I think we could use some form of database programming language such as SQL to create and query once its built, we could use flash or some other software for a GUI, where people could sign-up plug in the address, maybe not the exact home, bu at least to a zip code and then use a search function to find other near them. I will look into this further this week, I'm just really behind in school (25 pp with end notes and bibliography for final Sem paper on the Peloponnesian War) Its the fault of all these great games you guys are putting out

Nick DelCorpo