Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Problem with DLC Knock on all doors

col.sanders

Just got this DLC on steam and the problem is 2 scenarios I get a pop-up which states could not open map data base they are Operation Tourist and Decision at Bullingen any idea how to fix this?

Keydet

My apologies. I now have the problem with Operation Tourist. Map missing maybe. Get back to you when I get it working for me.

Keydet

Just got this DLC on steam and the problem is 2 scenarios I get a pop-up which states could not open map data base they are Operation Tourist and Decision at Bullingen any idea how to fix this?
Check the map folder for Manderfeld.cop (Operation Tourist) and Nordkurz (Decision at Bullingen). If not present there was some confusion in the our Panther ranks. I probably left them off the list I gave to Dave. Nordkurz is only 1.2 Meg. Manderfeld.cop is 740K. These could be zipped and e-mailed to you. Then you make the cache for each.

Keydet

I renamed
Nord to Nordkurz now Decision at Bullingen works ok.
Should have copied it and renamed it. Nord is used by other scenarios. So copy your Nordkurz and rename that Nord.

And you should also use mapmaker to create a cache for your Nordkurz. (Game runs faster when there is one) However it would be better to use the real Nordkurz.

FYI Nordkurz is the Nord map with several KM cut off the bottom and 18 VG Div units are out as well. The removed terrain and units aren't germane.
See attached.

Attachments

• NordKurz.zip
    330.7 KB · Views: 13

col.sanders

Thanks Keydet ok sadly I've never used the map editor but I should be able to figure it out and create a cache.

Keydet

... I've never used the map editor ...
Run mapmaker. Find and load the map. Pick the Map tab. Half way down is Generate Map Draw Cache. Calculate terrain tables is already done. (If you do anything to the map [don't do it] you will first have to calculate terrain tables)

Sigwolf

Check the map folder for Manderfeld.cop (Operation Tourist) and Nordkurz (Decision at Bullingen). If not present there was some confusion in the our Panther ranks. I probably left them off the list I gave to Dave. Nordkurz is only 1.2 Meg. Manderfeld.cop is 740K. These could be zipped and e-mailed to you. Then you make the cache for each.
This thread has left me very confused. I have all seven released modules, yet my map folder has neither Manderfeld.cop nor Nordkurz.cop. Despite this, Decision at Bullingen loads and starts just fine with no error. To further the confusion, I have no scenario titled Operation Tourist, despite having 12 scenarios as the description states... which scenario is being referenced here?

Keydet

This thread has left me very confused. I have all seven released modules, yet my map folder has neither Manderfeld.cop nor Nordkurz.cop. Despite this, Decision at Bullingen loads and starts just fine with no error. To further the confusion, I have no scenario titled Operation Tourist, despite having 12 scenarios as the description states... which scenario is being referenced here?
Please accept my sincere apologies. We have several SNAFU's in place. Let me list.

* I passed on a KOAD Version 2 about a year ago. I intended to be alert to when it replaced initial version on STEAM and then work to see all previous buyers had the update. I missed when that happened.
* Manderfeld map was part of the original Battles of the Bulge. It and the associated scenario were not carried over to the subsequent two DLC's. I missed that fact as I used it for a brand new 13th scenario. It's 150 Panzer Brigade begins the offensive by opening Losheim Gap as close to 0530 a possible. It is a Duffers Drift experience. When I passed over Version 2 I overlooked Manderfeld map.
* Decision at Bullingen was modified to exclude 18VG units and the bottom of the Nord map.

Note both maps are attached in this thread. I am supposing that using the key or serial number you used before you can get the current.

So not thinking anything has been done with Version 2 I turned in I continued to improve the scenario's. I suppose that's a version 3.

I'll attach the Designers notes and the what's changed notes as these stand now.

Attachments

• KOAD Whats New.zip
    4.1 MB · Views: 11

Sigwolf

Interesting, thanks for posting the notes/what's new. I originally purchased CO2 years ago direct from LnL... I think there were five modules at the time. I transitioned to the Steam version when it became available, apparently foolishly thinking that would make keeping up-to-date easier, and purchased KOAD and Westwall there.

Any idea when or if KOAD v2/3 will appear on Steam?

reg129

KOAD 3.7 dated 06Nov20 appears to be the current download from Steam according to the What's New file in my scenario folder.

Interestingly I was also missing the Nordkurz.cop file though it is listed in the What's new file. I was also missing Manderfeld.cop despite Operation Tourist also included in the What's New file. Fixed with the files above.

Looks like the Steam download needs an update....

Thanks for the heads up. :)

Last edited:

Keydet

Get the zip file in my Jul 2 posting above. Not having watched the Steam site closely I am supposing the KOAD 3.7 is what I call Version 2. Version 3 I am still working. No new scenarios. Working on German AI objectives so playing as US is feasible where currently not. And then a variety of improvements such as actual US 60th Armored Infantry battalion positions (Luttwitz Knocks). No way I can predict when I'll be done with version 7. Have demanding personal situations which must come first. Might want to latch on to someone to play test a scenario now and then.

Sigwolf

Get the zip file in my Jul 2 posting above. Not having watched the Steam site closely I am supposing the KOAD 3.7 is what I call Version 2. Version 3 I am still working. No new scenarios. Working on German AI objectives so playing as US is feasible where currently not. And then a variety of improvements such as actual US 60th Armored Infantry battalion positions (Luttwitz Knocks). No way I can predict when I'll be done with version 7. Have demanding personal situations which must come first. Might want to latch on to someone to play test a scenario now and then.
Unfortunately adding the two map files attached above don't really help in the case of the Steam installation. There's nothing to tell the Decision at Bullingen to use the new Nordkurz.cop (I assume since it worked without it that is was using Nord.cop?) There's also no Operation Tourist scenario to make use of the Manderfeld.cop map. There are no What's New files to indicate the version in the scenario folder, either, just 12 (.cos) scenario files and 12 (.bmp) image files.

edit... found the discrepancy. None of this has been implemented in the live build on Steam. When I switch to the "beta - work in progress" branch, the Operation Tourist scenario and the What's New files are added to the KOAD scenario folder. The two map files were not included, so I manually added those.

When someone has a chance, they should take a look at updating the Steam files, as they are way out of sync. I think my setup is now up to speed, but Steam users that don't frequent this forum won't have any idea. Thanks for the help in getting me sorted.