Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Questions on vehicles (mostly)

MCabido

I began playing with vehicles recently and some doubts emerged:

14.1.1 states: “Inside passengers of a vehicle shaken by ordnance must then pass a MC under the same conditions as their carrying unit. [...] If they are shaken, they don’t have to disembark.”

1. Here, I suppose that “under the same conditions” mean the same dice difference when resolving fire. Is that so? If so, is this worth for bailout checks too?

2. The last sentence give the impression that GO unit would have to disembark, but it doesn’t seem to make sense. Is that right?

3. Is there any movement restriction to shaken vehicles, like not moving closer to enemy unit in LOS? I suppose not, but just want to confirm.

14.4 states: “ATGMs cannot target MMCs/SMCs in the open. They can, however, target Buildings and Bunkers containing MMCs/SMCs.”

4. What about caves?

15.0 states: “Unless otherwise noted, a vehicle equipped with a MG(s) must fire its MG(s) and its main gun, in any order, in the same impulse, and they must fire at the same hex.”

5. I suppose here that if the main gun has more than one fire and chooses to fire at an adjacent hex, the MGs would be able to choose in which hex they want to fire and may even fire one at each hex. Am I right?

6. Leg units already in the hex will be subject to OF too when passengers disembark on that same hex?

17.1 (close assault) states about pre-assault MC: “The Leader checks first; if he passes, he can use his LM to assist other MMCs [...]”

7. If the Leader possesses an anti-tank SW and so will contribute with its FP, will it still aid MC with his LM?

17.2 states: “Inside passengers of open (not open-topped) armored vehicles are unaffected by small arms fire.” Just below we have: “If the attacker’s modified die-roll is greater than the defender’s modified die-roll, the target vehicle and all passengers must take a Damage Check (DC); the vehicle goes first. If the vehicle is buttoned, only external (PO or PPO) passengers take the DC.”

8. Here, when it is said that only external passengers take the DC with a buttoned vehicle, should we understand that with an unbuttoned vehicle the external passengers and the vehicle would take the DC, since inside passengers are unaffected?

9. Not related to vehicles, but the doubt came to me while playing with infantry. A GO Leader can activate the hexes around him during an impulse, but can he activate two or three hexes around him and not do anything himself or with any other unit in his own hex? In this case, we don’t talk about Ops Complete, or do we? Being so, he would be able to repeatedly activate the hexes around. Is this right?

10. Another one not related to vehicles: on laying smoke it is stated: “Only one attempt at laying smoke can be conducted per unit in one turn.” An Ops Complete marker is placed on the unit after an unsuccessful attempt and on units that successfully do it but do nothing else. How would a unit attempt to lay smoke twice in the same turn?