Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

scenario editor problem

simovitch

Kurt, I'm missing something - what makes you think it's not your estab? Also, the zip file attachment seems to contain only a shortcut.

Kurt

Kurt, I'm missing something - what makes you think it's not your estab? Also, the zip file attachment seems to contain only a shortcut.
Hi simovitch, I know its not my estab because I have changed the French contingent from "French SAS" to "Free French" hence the highlighting. I must have uploaded the wrong zip there, I have changed it now

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
That zip file still contains just a shortcut. As such it's useless here because the shortcut can only work if we have access to your machine which we don't. To be honest I still don't understand your issue. You say it's not your estab but you are highlighting the force list in the ScenMaker. This just lists the forces you created. Double click (open) the one you have highlighted and check out the estab file it has listed for it.

Kurt

Dave , I know its not my estab because the one that is showing up is BFTBEstab , the one I highlighted is 'kurtEstab.coe' and in 'kurtEstab.coe' I have changed a lot of things like unit colours etc. My scenario should contain my map which it does ,and my estab which it does not . How do I zip my scenario to you ? I am doing something wrong there

Attachments

• Nordwind Sturmmgrupe 1.zip
    10 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot 2015-07-25 09.05.38.png
    Screenshot 2015-07-25 09.05.38.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot 2015-07-25 09.07.12.png
    Screenshot 2015-07-25 09.07.12.png
    225 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot 2015-07-25 09.07.23.png
    Screenshot 2015-07-25 09.07.23.png
    222.9 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Kurt,

I suspect you have not compiled your kurtEstab.coe file using the same kurtEstab.xml file in your screendump. But I really need to see the actual files to understand what is going on here.

To zip the files you need either WinZip or one of the free zip clone apps or RAR. Failing that load them up to a dropbox (cloud storage) and then email me the link.

simovitch

Dave, I can take a look at this one so you can stay on the coding stuff...:confused:

Kurt, you only attached the scenario file (.cos). I cant open your scenario without your map file (.cop) and your estab files (.coe & .xml)

But all we really need are your estab files to resolve this particular issue.

Kurt

Dave, I can take a look at this one so you can stay on the coding stuff...:confused:

Kurt, you only attached the scenario file (.cos). I cant open your scenario without your map file (.cop) and your estab files (.coe & .xml)

But all we really need are your estab files to resolve this particular issue.
Ok here is my Estab , nice one simovitch.:)

Attachments

• kurtEstab.zip
    159.9 KB · Views: 1
  • kurtEstab (2).zip
    815.6 KB · Views: 1

Kurt

Kurt,

I suspect you have not compiled your kurtEstab.coe file using the same kurtEstab.xml file in your screendump. But I really need to see the actual files to understand what is going on here.

To zip the files you need either WinZip or one of the free zip clone apps or RAR. Failing that load them up to a dropbox (cloud storage) and then email me the link.
Dave I have sent link to my dropbox with all those files in. Yes I know im a pain :oops:

simovitch

Kurt, the first issue is your estab file is not compiling because of an assortment of errors. So when you bring up your scenario, you are seeing the kurtEstab.coe that was created back on June 1, 2015. That compiled estab file (.coe) will not be overwritten until you have a successful build of your .xml file in the estab editor.

Where did the June 1, 2015 kurtEstab.coe come from?

Kurt

Kurt, the first issue is your estab file is not compiling because of an assortment of errors. So when you bring up your scenario, you are seeing the kurtEstab.coe that was created back on June 1, 2015. That compiled estab file (.coe) will not be overwritten until you have a successful build of your .xml file in the estab editor.

Where did the June 1, 2015 kurtEstab.coe come from?
That kurtEstab was probably before/after I edited it with 'NOTEPAD XML 2007' . Dave had a look at it and said in future not to use that software as its incompatible with his compiler. That could be the cause of the problem,if so I dont know how to fix it . Any suggestions ? Hey I don't want to trouble you more so I can just delete that entire Estab and re-do it , its no big deal .

Last edited:

simovitch

Unless you can figure out what you did, you may have to start from scratch.:inpain:

You can at least view the work you have done with the broken estab, while you work on a new estab in a separate editor session.

Kurt

Unless you can figure out what you did, you may have to start from scratch.:inpain:

You can at least view the work you have done with the broken estab, while you work on a new estab in a separate editor session.
Yes your correct, I will start again and use the broken estab for reference . Thanks :rolleyes: