Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Solo module: When/how does AEO assemble/dismantle SW?

Broadsword56

Normally a player decides whether to assemble/dismantle a SW in the Rally Phase, right?

But how does the AEO decide on this and when? I can't see any reference to assemble/dismantle in the solo rules or cards to control this automatically.

In the absence of a rule, I'm thinking I'd just let the AEO make the assemble/dismantle decision on the fly during the Operations Phase, as needed to execute an order.

So, for example, the order card IDs an AEO unit: a German half-squad with an assembled tripod-mounted MG42. The order is to "move towards." I'd just disassemble the MG right then in order to make the move.

I'd leave the MG disassembled for this unit unless/until some other order requires the weapon to be fired or the unit to move. In that case, I'd assemble it on the fly to let it fire. Or if it's a move I'd allow an instant assembly so they can make the move with the SW.

Thoughts?

Barthheart

Staff member

In the absence of a rule, I'm thinking I'd just let the AEO make the assemble/dismantle decision on the fly during the Operations Phase, as needed to execute an order.

So, for example, the order card IDs an AEO unit: a German half-squad with an assembled tripod-mounted MG42. The order is to "move towards." I'd just disassemble the MG right then in order to make the move.

I'd leave the MG disassembled for this unit unless/until some other order requires the weapon to be fired or the unit to move. In that case, I'd assemble it on the fly to let it fire. Or if it's a move I'd allow an instant assembly so they can make the move with the SW.

Thoughts?

This is exactly what I would do. Seems like the most reasonable way around this situation.