Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

The Lock 'n Load Series

Stefano G.

Hi Jeff, appy to read you again :)
Summer is still too distant and my mujahedin will have to resist till summer :joyful:

Bob DeSilva

Hi Jeff,

Any updates on the series this month? I'm particularly interested in Heroes of Normandy and Ring of Hills.

Thanks,

Bob D.

Jeff Lewis

Days of Villainy (Libyan Civil War) modulette is now out. It has 4 scenarios, a sheet of 112 counters, 3 11"x17" maps, and can be played with ANY complete LnL game.

Heroes of the Pacific should be out soon. The production of the game is all being done in Colorado and David and Co. are making sure all is perfect before releasing the game.

I hope to have the development of Mare Nostrum complete in the next 5 or 6 weeks.

Band of Heroes Normandy requires a lot of new content for the funding add-ons. We have someone working on those. I can't give a precise date on this one.

Ring of Hills complete-game 2nd Edition is what I will push through after Mare Nostrum. For that we have to work out the countersheets, adding the admin counters, and doing the Skill Cards and all the Player-Aids. I will probably add a couple new scenarios, too.

I've been talking with a new designer and he and I are working on a modern LnL game. I'll withhold details though.

David has made and posted images of bigger maps (same number of hexes, though, just bigger hexes). The images don't do them justice. They are great. We will keep making the original-size maps and the big ones will be offered as an extra for those who desire them; they give you a lot of space so you can spread out those stacks and place admin counters to the side, etc. They even make it easy to incorporate minis.

-Jeff

Jeff Lewis

No, the HotP and MN maps will not be mounted. We are no longer doing mounted maps for any game in any series. All will be heavy stock paper maps.

OK, so who do I contact with a new address to make sure my HotP arrives tot he right place when it is finally released? I've moved 3 times over the year since putting in the preorder and I'd like to ensure it shows up. Thank you.

Jeff Lewis

Eric, open a Support Ticket and Darren will sort out your address situation for you.

ejwolski

No, the HotP and MN maps will not be mounted. We are no longer doing mounted maps for any game in any series. All will be heavy stock paper maps.
Wow! Not what I expected at all. To be honest, my expectation from day 1 was this would have mounted maps like the rest of the LNL games. This is seriously disappointing news.

Jeff Lewis

I understand your disappointment, EJ. I can assure you that the heavy stock maps are very nice, and they are made in-house, thus ensuring the utmost quality control. Gone are the days of warping and mold.

For HotP we are even adding an extra map. And going forward, for games that have the potential for multi-climate scenarios, all maps will be two-sided, featuring a summer and a winter side. Obviously we can't do that with HotP or Mare Nostrum but will be the case for Band of Heroes Normandy and Heroes of the Motherland.

-Jeff

Jeff Lewis

Hi Mike,

With BoH Normandy, it met its funding goal based, principally, on the add-ons, so the choice was to either cancel it altogether due to the time constraints of producing that content or take the time to do it. We have a designer on it now, so it's going to be done.

Ring of Hills 2nd Ed never met its funding goal w/ the add-ons. Now, with control of all aspects of production, we are going to put out the game as a complete game with no add-ons. We are going to add the scenario "The Fanning Head Mob", which I designed for Line of Fire, to it, and another couple scenarios. We will put it up for pre-order when it is closer to being ready.

Open a Support Ticket to inquire as to whether you can get back in on the BoH Normandy add-ons.

Jeff Lewis

Heroes of the Motherland will be a hybrid mix of out-of-print games reissued with updated components. It will contain all the scenarios, maps and counters from Not One Step Back + the maps and counters needed from Band of Heroes and Swift & Bold.

eciesse

Dear Jeff,
I invested in the Band of heroes game back many months (years?) ago in the now defunct iwantthisgame system.
Any news?
Any idea of possibility of the project to be completed sooner or later?
thanks
Enrico

Jeff Lewis

The delay with Band of Heroes Normandy is due to the time required to develop the funding add-on content. We have someone working on it. But it will take time.

Wow no mounted maps with Mare Nostrum, very disappointing!

Does this mean with future releases having non mounted maps we will have a serious 'level' issues butting them up against earlier mounted map boards?

Hopefully at least the price will be adjusted down to reflect this step backwards.

Cheers all!
Pete

Jeff Lewis

Hi Pete,

Sorry to hear you are disappointed in our decision to go with heavy-stock maps.

I just set a new stock map next to a mounted one, and I can assure you that the "level" concern is not as grave as you imagine. I have three different styles of mounted maps and they are as variable, in terms of "leveling", when placed next to each other as the stock map is to either of them. The heavy-stock maps mark a new and standard consistency going forward. I think you will have a change of heart when you have them in your hand. We look at it as a big step forward instead of what you've deemed "a step backwards". This change will also minimize what have been continuous complaints about warping and mold on mounted maps in the past.

Regards,
Jeff