Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Warner's World sci-fi books by Dave O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
The Awakening Cover v6 silver small.jpg
This is a shameless plug for our very own Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor new book, The Awakening, now available for sale on Amazon.

Dave Warner is the right person at the right place at the right time. He just doesn't know it yet. It's 2512 and he's had no time to grieve for his wife and children killed in the first nuclear strike of a civil war between the Federation and Alliance. He commands the Federation frigate, Hermes, and is deep in enemy space on a mission to rescue his best friend who has vital intelligence about the start of the war.

Trouble is they've been betrayed, ambushed and suffered losses. Now his crew are beginning to doubt his judgement. What Dave doesn't know is that he's about to go on a roller coaster ride of events that will give him a new chance at love and transform him from the spiritual warrior into the reluctant hero. Humanity is about to get a new legend.

Please check out my new website www.warpdrivepublishing.com for more details, including my writer's blog. There are links there to purchase the book from Amazon or if you want to dive straight in then here's my author's page on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Dave-OConnor/e/B013SKGQDI/ref=dp_byline_cont_pop_ebooks_1

Last edited by a moderator:

kipanderson

Dave,

Goodness.. !!

Congratulations .. I am amazed… you are a bloke with many talents :).

Must confess I have not read a fiction book, apart from Le Carre books for decades and them not for a decade or so.... but good luck with it.. am sure you will do well with it.. seem to able to turn your hand anything effortlessly..

All the best,

Kip.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hmm, Amazon tells me it is not available in the Netherlands - from a page that shows the book :-(
Mmm...I went to the Netherlands site for Amazon, did a search for the book ASIN reference and got this page:
http://www.amazon.nl/s/ref=nb_sb_noss/276-8460439-0395206?__mk_nl_NL=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=B013SC4ICM

and here's the actual page for the title:
http://www.amazon.nl/Awakening-Book...TF8&qid=1442059899&sr=8-1&keywords=B013SC4ICM

Website
springelkamp.nl
Sorry to bother you with technical support calls with your book product Dave, but...

So I bought it on amazon.de (where it is available, amazon.nl doesn't sell it, amazon.com doesn't deliver to customers in NL).

I want to read it on my Windows Phone. There is a kindle app for windows phone, but it can only connect to amazon.com, where it isn't in my account. The browser reader works on my PC (so the good news is I already read chapter 1, and I like the pace), but I only bought it because it is you, but otherwise I refuse to buy from Amazon, just because of this limited and lock-in platform format of them.

I wish I could purchase just from you and bypass the big bad monopolists.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
I hear you Erik. Originally I wanted to go the traditional publishing route but despite my best efforts I could not get a single agent interested. Only one agent actually bothered to request a copy of the book and then said several months later that it wasn't a good fit for them. So in the end self publishing was the only option to get it out there and Amazon is the least cost option for me to self publish. Hopefully if I can prove it's worthy I'll get approached by a publisher and then we can get it out to traditional outlets. But in the meantime I am tied to Amazon I'm afraid.

Kurt

Don't read fiction any more but good luck anyway . Cutting out the middleman is the future , nice one Dave .

john connor

Just bought it. Good price!! Seems to be selling really well. 31,000 from top rank. That's superb (believe me, it is! - my own latest book - published by the UK's third largest publisher just a couple of months ago, is already languishing around the 260million rank, or some such....). Fingers crossed.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
The main reason for that mark is because I had the book on pre-order for a month and so all the pre-orders got transacted on day 1 of the release. Hence for one day it looks like you have great sales. The proof will be in the next few weeks.:)

Sigwolf

I'm impressed by what I've seen so far. I just started playing Homeward Remastered this weekend, and this seems right down that alley. My reading backlog is a bit piled up right now, but I have a vacation coming up that should help alleviate some of that. I've seen enough to give book 1 a try.

David Heath

Administrator
Staff member
Website
lnlpublishing.com
Hi Guys

I know Dave won't ask this but I will. Dave has work with me for over 8 years. As a teenager I loved Dave's board games including Trial of Strength and his first Mac game. So anyone that buys his book please make sure to leave a review on what you think of the book. I am off to now buy a copy.

David

Sigwolf

Finally got to read it on vacation, and I liked it a lot. Review is up on Amazon, and I'm really looking forward to book 2. Already have it pre-ordered.

Last edited:

Sigwolf

As a side note, it would be great if Dave got together with an artist so make some illustrations of the ships, weapons and gear used in the books.

Sigwolf

Finished book 2 today, and can't wait for the third in January! What chance do we have for a sci-fi operational game based on Warner's World at some point? ;-)

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
BTW Redemption, book 2 of Warner's World, was released a week ago on Amazon.
Redemption Cover v6 375 x 600.jpg
Here's a link:
The Pitch:
Dave Warner is in pursuit of the Sleth. His mission is to seek peace if he can, war if he must. But his beloved Rihan Kabel is in harm's way and his best friend, Art Simons, has his own agenda to rescue his fiancé, Sue Chalker, no matter what it takes. Love, loyalty and duty collide. Something's got to give. Someone must pay the price. When humanity faces new revelations and challenges is there time for love and personal redemption.