Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Welcome to Command Ops

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hi everyone. Yes Lock 'n' Load are our new publishers. We're excited to be working once again with David Heath who now heads up LNL Publishing. They will be publishing our Command Ops computer games plus re-releasing our original east front board game "Trial of Strength".

I have just got back from a six week trip around North America. Before I left in August David Heath invited me to come and have a look at his new setup in Pueblo West Colorado and to have a quiet chat and beer. With such inducements I of course accepted his invite. After arriving in San Francisco in early September David rang me to see if I would agree to an interview by the media. It would be low key. I said "sure". By the time I arrived in Washington DC towards the end of September it had blown into a full scale event with I think 34 people attending. David, his family and staff put on a tremendous welcome when we arrived in early October. My wife and I really enjoyed our time there.

We got to see LNL's new production facilities, meet with the staff, discuss marketing plans and do some interviews. I won't steal the thunder of the interviewers. The interviews should be out very soon. But I will add that I am impressed with the way LNL are doing business. David Heath is a people person and he has the knack for getting the best out of people. I am confident that this new business arrangement will bear great fruit.

Reactions: JeF

HariSeldon

Wow! My favorite pc game and my favorite board games under the same roof.

Congratulations and good luck!

JeF

Wow! My favorite pc game and my favorite board games under the same roof.

What ?? Hell no ! This is MY favorite PC game and MY favorite board wargame under the same roof !!!
;)
Just kidding of course.

How are you doing Dave ?

Hari, glad to see you here. How are the fundations doing ?

Take care,

JeF.

HariSeldon

JeF,
Foundation 1 - 3 are doing well except for that mule character. Foundation 4 kinda weak. Gave up after that.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
What ?? Hell no ! This is MY favorite PC game and MY favorite board wargame under the same roof !!!
;)
Just kidding of course.

How are you doing Dave ?

Hari, glad to see you here. How are the fundations doing ?

Take care,

JeF.
I'm good Jean Francois. Still recovering from six weeks on the road. And it always seems to happen that while you are away something goes off the rails. This time I arrived back to find the land line phones had packed it in. I can't really complain. The Panasonic phones had lasted six years, which for electronics is a good innings. I have been searching around for a system that I can connect to my smart phone so I don't have to maintain two contact lists. The technology is pretty new at the moment and there's mixed reviews on the phone apps that provide the connectivity. Apart from that though I'm looking forward to getting stuck back into the programming changes for Command Ops 2.

Reactions: JeF

TMO

It's nice to hear that CO2 is on track and to see new screenshots. :)
Don't quite understand how this works. On the old forum it was pretty obvious where to post. Any advice greatly received.

Regards

Tim

TMO

Don't quite understand how this works. On the old forum it was pretty obvious where to post. Any advice greatly received.

Regards

Tim
Ok, what I mean is that there were a number of very well organised topics/threads.

Regards

Tim

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Ok, what I mean is that there were a number of very well organised topics/threads.

Regards

Tim

Give us a bit of time Tim. I've only been back in the office two days. :)

FYI Matrix will maintain the old Command Ops forum on their website as an archive for the foreseeable future. So that material is not lost.

john connor

I'll cancel that google account over in Panthergames now, as I couldn't get it to stop buzzing my phone whenever anyone posted there.

All sounds exciting, Dave. CO2 screenshots? Where? I don't see anything. Hope this turns out to be fruitful for Command Ops.

Peter (Phoenix)

PS: Are there any sub headings? Can't find any. Like where to post AARs?

Daz

Congratulations on your new publisher Dave.
Or should I be saying that to Dave Heath, on scooping up the best computer war-game ever made? ;)
Actually congratulations to you both, I hope you have a lot of success together.

john connor

Had a crash recently, Dave. Preceded by this kind of thing - every time an arty unit finished a bombard I get a long list of identical messages telling me this - sometimes as many as 15 in a row, immediately. Ring any bells?

Attachments

• arty message.gif
    arty message.gif
    24.4 KB · Views: 13