Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

A day of Heroes, scenario order?

Fnord

I just got Lock 'n Load a day of Heroes, and I've been reading through the rules. One thing that I've noticed though is a lack of suggested play order for the scenarios. While I've played a bit of LnL in the past (Forgotten Heroes, 1st edition, which had a suggested play order of the scenarios, based on complexity), the group that I will be playing with will be brand new, some even brand new to wargames more complex than Axis & Allies or Memoir 44. I noticed that one scenario had a small note about being easy to learn (Chalk 2's run), but that's about it.

So is there a suggested play order for these scenarios in terms of complexity? And also, what is their chronological order?

Jeff Lewis

The scenario "A Day of Heroes" is the BIG one, and represents the entire battle. This is not the one to start with. The other scenarios are all smaller aspects of the big battle of the day, and "Retribution" is a fictional (ahistorical) scenario occurring a couple weeks after the battle.

"Chalk 2's Run" is a great one to start with. "Ambush" is another that is short and has a small OOB and you can learn the system with it. "Technical Difficulty" is another on the less-complex side.

"The Alamo", "Stand and Deliver" and "A Short Hop" are all of moderate complexity, as far as the module and learning the system go; they have more units involved, etc.

"Convoy to Hell" is the most complex of the scenarios save for "A Day of Heroes."

As far as an order, in terms of events as they happened, I think it's as follows (but it's all sort of happening at the same time):

"Ambush" (June 5th)
"Chalk 2's Run"
"A Short Hop"
"Technical Difficulty"
"Convoy to Hell"
"Stand and Deliver"
"The Alamo"

Campaign-length scenario: "A Day of Heroes"

Then: "Retribution"

Hope that helps.

-Jeff

Fnord

Thank you very much, that's exactly what I needed! I'll print out your post and put it in my game so that we will know what to play when the big day comes.