Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Bradley not amphibious?

Fred Schwarz

Getting back into W2W85 after playing Blood and Fury at WWIII Con with Jeff Schulte.

I notice the M2 Bradley is not rated as amphibious. The M2, M3, M2A1 and M3A1 were able to swim. The M2A2/M3A2 and on are not amphibious due to the extra armor and other things that added weight.

Why are the M2s in the game not rated as amphibious?

Keith Tracton

Staff member
Getting back into W2W85 after playing Blood and Fury at WWIII Con with Jeff Schulte.

I notice the M2 Bradley is not rated as amphibious. The M2, M3, M2A1 and M3A1 were able to swim. The M2A2/M3A2 and on are not amphibious due to the extra armor and other things that added weight.

Why are the M2s in the game not rated as amphibious?
Hi Fred, glad you're back and thanks for playing! Hey that was likely my oversight, there was a lot of data coming through during the initial design. How much time did it take for Bradley to be able to configure to swim?

Fred Schwarz

Hi Fred, glad you're back and thanks for playing! Hey that was likely my oversight, there was a lot of data coming through during the initial design. How much time did it take for Bradley to be able to configure to swim?
Hi Keith, thanks for your work on this great game. I'll have to do some research on this. The crew had to erect the swim skirt and check all the plug and access ports. And then simply drive into the water and drive across. It is an interesting and somewhat precarious thing to do, I've done it. of course, in training we took our time prepping to be sure there would not be an accident. However, in combat it could be done quicker.

Fred Schwarz

This article says it takes 15 minutes for the M2A1 BFV crew to erect the swim skirt: http://www.combatindex.com/hardware/detail/land/m2.html That sounds about right, but they mention 25 minutes for the M2A2 and I thought that vehicle could not swim due to weight. I'll keep digging.

The M2A1 and M2 were the same as far as the swim skirt is concerned. (M2A1 difference were internal: gas particualr filter sstem for the crew, TOW II capability and some other stuff.)