Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

More Mare Nostrum

Hi Jeff,

Nice looking British AFV counters bearing great representations of the 'diagonal stripe disruptive pattern' scheme used in the theatre! Excellent.

Cheers!

Last edited:

Jeff Lewis

The Matilda II is armed with a 2-pounder and thus it has no HE vs. infantry. The 2-pdr was okay against the more lightly armored Italian tanks but was only effective at close range against the more heavily armored Pz IIIs and IVs they encountered when the Afrika Korps joined the fight.

Jeff Lewis

Here's another pair of British vehicles.

The Bren Carrier:

Bren Carrier.jpg

The British Bren Carriers have two 1-FP Bren MGs, one in a fixed forward-firing (covered arc) position and one on a 360-degree mount (the 1*). If firing together at the same target, their FP is 2 and their range is 10. Their MGs can also fire at separate targets (in the same impulse) in different hexes with a FP of 1 and a range of 7.

And the Mark VI B:

Mark VI B.jpg

These small, fast tanks have thin armor and no main gun but a lot of MG Firepower.

Great looking counters, you can never have too much early war armour!

Is there the version of the Bren armed with the Boys ATR used in any of the scenarios?

It will be interesting to see some of the other countries vehicles to start comparing speed, armour and firepower!

Stefano G.

Bren carrier and Mark VI B are very nice counters! ...i'd buy MN only for its counters!... David Julien will be probably used to receive my compliments but i can not keep from giving him my compliments again:)

Captain Darling question about Bren with AT rifle is interesting (in IDD there is a SSR considering this vehicle) ...and it can be considered for L33 italian vehicle with Solothurn AT rifle too

Last edited:

David Julien

Website
www.facebook.com
Great looking counters, you can never have too much early war armour!
Is there the version of the Bren armed with the Boys ATR used in any of the scenarios?
It will be interesting to see some of the other countries vehicles to start comparing speed, armour and firepower!

Hi,
There is not Bren armed with Boys ATR, in the counters that I have to draw. But there is another one British vehicle armed with the ATR. ;)
I let Jeff show it! :D

David

Stefano G.

Your counters are very detailed and have a top grapich quality...i envy your skill :cool:

Last edited:

Jeff Lewis

There's not a specific counter, but like in IDD, as mentioned above, it will be done by SSR.

Here's a British vehicle that does have a Boys ATR on it, the Marmon Herrington Mk III Armored Car:

MH Mk III.jpg

It has a covered-arc MG, a Bren on a 360 mount for use while open, and a Boys ATR (no HE vs. infantry).

-Jeff

Ah the good old Marmon Herrington Mk III Armored Car, there were various field modifications carried out on this model and it was used by both sides!

Marmon-Herrington_Mk-III_captured_axis.jpg

Last edited:

Jeff Lewis

Here's a pair of light Italian armored vehicles.

The Ab.41 Armored Car:

AB.41.jpg

It has a forward and rearward covered-arc MG and a rapid-fire 20mm cannon in the turret. A quick and unique vehicle that can, with good rolls, do a lot of damage.

And the L3/35:

L3.35.jpg

A small, lightly armored vehicles that does well in the infantry-support role, providing extra cover and MG Firepower.

Stefano G.

I will confirm with David. Obviously the vehicles will have desert camo and the soldiers will be showing a lot more leg.

I also would like to see some preview of other MN countries MMC counters, if David has already drawn them...i' am vey curious to see Africa Korps or 8th Army or french foreign legion MMC counters wearing 1940-42 African uniforms :)

Last edited:

Mark747

This was a preview image on BGG. Would have the best anti-infantry firepower of any tank in the entire LnL system. Did it get toned down a bit?
pic1619691_t.jpg

Mark747

A "6" Morale! Will the power creep never end?:eek:

;)

Under-armored, under-armed, under-powered, and un-reliable. Other than that, a mighty fine tank. Jeff gets it right!:cool:

Jeff Lewis

A "6" Morale! Will the power creep never end?

The above comment from a 7-2-6 Leader!! :rolleyes:

Mark, do consider that in the vastly open terrain that many of the scenarios in Mare Nostrum. There's not much opportunity for the +TM Morale bonus, and a 6 Morale on a tank is difficult to rally even in a +TM hex. Without a Leader or +TM, a shaken 5-Morale tank is all but out of action in this terrain.