NORDWIND

Discussion in 'CO2 - Scenarios' started by Kurt, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Kurt

Kurt Member

Understood mate :happy:

2. Kurt

Kurt Member

Update for anyone interested ; I have uploaded a revised version of Operation Nordwind Sturmgruppe I ( V 2.0 ) . I have just purchased yet another book as reference material for my ongoing Nordwind campaign :rolleyes: Screenshot 2015-10-25 20.40.46.png
    I do love books :smuggrin:

3. john connor

john connor Member

I'll get it, Kurt. Thanks (the new version, I mean). I may start again then, when I get some time. Try not to be put off by the resounding silence that echoes around this forum when you create something interesting and offer it up. Lol. I appreciate it, and there will be others who do too, but you haven't got to hope for more than a handful, it seems. I've been disappointed there are not more posts about the Westwall pack too. I personally think it's a really great pack, one of the best we've seen, if not the best, for my preferences. But there's not much discussion about it or AARs. I think maybe the people playing this game like to do it alone, mostly, which figures, as it's a game to be played against the AI, principally.

4. john connor

john connor Member

But where is it, Kurt? Is it under the original download link?

5. Kurt

Kurt Member

Sorry , yes its the same link Peter . Thanks for the reassurance ;)

6. Kurt

Kurt Member

Right I have just added some changes to this scenario , I will not make anymore . Now I can continue with " Sturmgruppe II "

7. john connor

john connor Member

Great, Kurt. I'll get it and get to it once KOAD is done. Looking forward to it.

Peter

8. simovitch

simovitch Member

Kurt, what sources are you using for your mapping?

9. Kurt

Kurt Member

Hi Simovitch , I bought some 1:50,000 French "hill walking maps" mainly for the contours . I downloaded period maps from the " US 70th Infantry Division " site , some of Bouxwiller.jpg Lembach.jpg Bouxwiller.jpg Lembach.jpg which I will upload for you here . I got the Maginot line info from a book .

10. Kurt

Kurt Member

Sorry about the slow response , I have been playing "Plan Martin" all weekend .

11. simovitch

simovitch Member

Thanks Kurt. Those maps look like the right stuff to use.

12. sinbad

sinbad Member

got it
    thanks

13. J. van Limpt

J. van Limpt Member

Hi Kurt, that's looking great. Can you please tell me where to put which files exactly?

14. Kurt

Kurt Member

Hi I. van Limpt , if you right click on the " CO2 " game icon ( on your desktop ) and select " open file location " . Look down the list for " estabs " , open it to reveal the estabs you have ( BFTB , KOAD etc ) . Now you need to COPY and PASTE both of my estab files into that folder . Go back and locate the " maps " folder , open it , COPY and PASTE both of my map files into that folder . Last of all , find and open the " scenario's " folder , COPY and PASTE my scenario ( Sturmgruppe I ) into that . Ok you are good to go , just start the game as usual and that scenario will be in one of the scenario selection lists . :)

15. J. van Limpt

J. van Limpt Member

Yes, that works Kurt, thank you very much.

16. Kurt

Kurt Member

Enjoy , feedback welcome

17. Kurt

Kurt Member

Nearly finished the map for my new scenario " Operation Nordwind - Sturmgruppe II " . Here is a taster Screenshot 2016-01-24 15.43.33.png Screenshot 2016-01-24 15.35.41.png

miya likes this.
  18. Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor Panther Games Designer

Kurt, looks good but I can see you have a couple of roads running adjacent to some big rivers. If those rivers are impassable to motorised movement, then make sure there is at least a 100m gap between those them. Use the mot movement overlay.

19. Kurt

Kurt Member

Thanks , will do

20. Takoda

Takoda Member

Kurt I followed your instructions on where to place the files and it worked perfectly, this looks like it going to be a really run scenario, I was excited to see all the AFV reinforcements scheduled to arrive on day 2. Thanks for taking the time to create and share your scenario, very much appreciated.