Infantry combat questions

Tony M

Now that I have downloaded and printed the halo-less maps for the original BoH game from Matrix [THANKS!] I have just been setting up situations and playing through impulses to get a feel for the system.

In the situation I'm looking at now, I have a US airborne squad that ends its move in a light woods hex [4 trees] that is 3 hexes away from a German squad [firepower 1] with an MG42 [firepower 3]. The German squad decides to use Opportunity Fire. So:

German: 4 firepower + 1 [for the moving target] + 1d6

[minus]

US: 1d6 + 1 [terrain modifier]

IF ATTK > DEF, add result to 1d6 and consult DFT.

Is this correct?

Also, is there any reason to fire at a Shaken unit? What happens if a Shaken unit is Shaken a second time?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Hi Tony
You are right.
If a shaken unit is shaken a second time, it is reduced. A squad become a half squad, an half squad is eliminated, a SMC is wounded.

David

IF ATTK > DEF, add result to 1d6 and consult DFT.

To clarify: if Attacker's result is > Defender's, you add the difference b/tw the Attacker's and the Defender's results to a 1d6 roll for each unit in the target hex. So you have to roll for each unit. If the difference was a 3, and you rolled a 5 + 3 for an 8, the Para Squad would be Shaken b/c 8 is > its Morale of 6. If you had two Squads, and you rolled a 2 for the second one (2 + 3 = 5), it would have no effect. Just wanted to be clear that you roll a Damage Check for each unit in a target hex.

Shaken MMCs/SMCs have a separate column on the DFT, so, like David Julien wrote, they receive Casualties when hit again.