Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.
Command Ops 2, Return to St Vith Tutorial AAR part 1, pages 1-30

Command Ops 2, Return to St Vith Tutorial AAR part 1, pages 1-30 1.2

drewww

I think about this AAR all the time -- how did you make the visuals? They're so compelling and I feel like making something similar in my own campaigns would be super rewarding (if time consuming). Is there some template set you're relying on?

SamuraiN

Hi Chris.
The last update to the PDF included the last few pages I had.
The German reinforcements that arrived north east of St Vith got completely wiped out, in that pocket against the northern map edge, with no loss to my own forces.

It's a long time before KG Peiper arrive on the map so I decided to stop there.

I still have the save, so could pick up from there for the second half if you want?
It would probably take me a few months to complete it though, and that's assuming I don't get distracted by home life, or another game again.
Interestingly, I figured that as I eliminated all German units on the map before the beginning at Day 3, I got a decisive victory immediately, and the Peiper group possibly aborts the counterattack. Though it was very painstaking to eradicate those 12 VG remnants engaging in guerilla warfare, making me employ 5 units to surround and get rid of 1 or 2 badly weakened ones. The overall strategy I employed is different than the one in the PDF.

crazy10101

I'm curious, but why have the 51st secure a whole bunch of forest trails when the 35th would do a better job in such close terrain? Feels like if you swap the roles of the two, you play to their strengths much better.