Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Infantry combat questions

Tony M

Now that I have downloaded and printed the halo-less maps for the original BoH game from Matrix [THANKS!] I have just been setting up situations and playing through impulses to get a feel for the system.

In the situation I'm looking at now, I have a US airborne squad that ends its move in a light woods hex [4 trees] that is 3 hexes away from a German squad [firepower 1] with an MG42 [firepower 3]. The German squad decides to use Opportunity Fire. So:

German: 4 firepower + 1 [for the moving target] + 1d6

[minus]

US: 1d6 + 1 [terrain modifier]

IF ATTK > DEF, add result to 1d6 and consult DFT.

Is this correct?

Also, is there any reason to fire at a Shaken unit? What happens if a Shaken unit is Shaken a second time?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Jeff Lewis

IF ATTK > DEF, add result to 1d6 and consult DFT.

To clarify: if Attacker's result is > Defender's, you add the difference b/tw the Attacker's and the Defender's results to a 1d6 roll for each unit in the target hex. So you have to roll for each unit. If the difference was a 3, and you rolled a 5 + 3 for an 8, the Para Squad would be Shaken b/c 8 is > its Morale of 6. If you had two Squads, and you rolled a 2 for the second one (2 + 3 = 5), it would have no effect. Just wanted to be clear that you roll a Damage Check for each unit in a target hex.

Shaken MMCs/SMCs have a separate column on the DFT, so, like David Julien wrote, they receive Casualties when hit again.