Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnL Tactical general query

Zovs

Newbie here, so I have some questions:

I see that the base game is on Steam for $4.99 and it has been in Early Access since 2020, why is that?
How many scenarios are included in the core game?
There was a small update on 12/5, so it seems that the system is updated?
Looks like a lot of DLC's are available, and 87 scenarios (?) in the Steam Workshop as well. Not sure if you need the same DLC as the Workshop scenario or not?

So, for context, I am a long time ASL player (started actually with SL back in 1979 and the switched to ASL in 1985, also take note of my avatar, its a play on my heritage and birth nationality). I am also a very long time Steel Panther's player and scenario/campaign designer (mostly all for Shrapnel's WW2 and MBT). So what makes this game different then say SP:WW2 or ASL?

The base game looks interesting, but not sure what is all included in that. So hopefully some of this might be discounted during next week's Steam sale?

What are some general thoughts on this? I am reading through the Steam reviews and I am seeing a lot of positive reviews but also some negative ones too.

Lastly, it looks like this forum has not been posted in since June, so that is not a good sign either.

Thanks for any comments.

TikiBarTed

I just bought the base game, and I am enjoying it. It does still seem to be updated and supported, and it plays more like ASL than SPWW2 does.

I was really looking to purchase WaW85 on Steam, but that appears to have stopped development...Hopefully, it will resume after the new year. Although I'm almost exclusively digital nowadays, I believe I saw some reference to the board games being delayed this year as well.

Most of the community action now is on the Discord channel, which is generally happening everywhere. Forums are becoming like BBS's.

Whatever way you go, best of luck to you!

Zovs

I just bought the base game, and I am enjoying it. It does still seem to be updated and supported, and it plays more like ASL than SPWW2 does.

I was really looking to purchase WaW85 on Steam, but that appears to have stopped development...Hopefully, it will resume after the new year. Although I'm almost exclusively digital nowadays, I believe I saw some reference to the board games being delayed this year as well.

Most of the community action now is on the Discord channel, which is generally happening everywhere. Forums are becoming like BBS's.

Whatever way you go, best of luck to you!

Thanks for that info much appreciated. I also joined the LnL discord so I’ll look there too.

Marechal

I'm not sure why it is still in early access. It is much more complete than many games at their "release." But it is still under very active development with bug fixes or additions released regularly. The developer is very responsive to bug reports (the reporting system is built-in to the game).

The digital game is setup very similar to the print version. The core game is the analog to the starter kit (not sure if still in print, but can be downloaded for free - along with all the rules for the system). It has two WW2 scenarios and two Vietnam scenarios.

The DLC are basically the digital equivalent of the print modules (some of the modules are in multiple DLC). I am pretty sure you need the relevant DLC for the workshop scenarios.

It is very similar to ASL, but less chrome and a smoother play experience in my mind. There are optional rules supported in the digital version to add some chrome back in. In the resources here, there is a summary of moving from ASL to LnLT that explains it well.

I usually play solo against the AI, but I almost always see other players online too.

Zovs

Thanks for filling me in, and the info on the included scenarios. Good to know it’s still being worked. Interesting that the bug system is baked in, sounds like a neat and useful feature. Probably pick some up when on sale.