Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

"Rebecca, Can You See Me?" question

coolcorn

The scenario rules say that "Units that enter via 16O4 remain stacked together; units that enter via 13A4 also remain stacked together"

Does that mean that the units entering 16O4/13A4 HAVE to enter as a stack? Or can I enter one unit at a time? Having a whole stack move in at the same time during the night leaves them WIDE open for melee :)

Stéphane Tanguay

Staff member
My understanding (from the whole SSR1) is that, yes, they must be stacked. That being said, I don't understand why this leave them wide open for melee. They are m uch stronger than the American units

I am with Stéphane. But I have a some doubts regarding this scenario:
  1. May the American 1-4-4 that appears on 13L5 after Event A be used as a Eureka unit?
  2. After Event B and an even result of 1d6, it is said that the American unit (that triggered the effect) may OF to the new German units. Is this possible from any hex???

Last edited:
I am with Stéphane. But I have a some doubts regarding this scenario:
  1. May the American 1-4-4 that appears on 13L5 after Event A be used as a Eureka unit?
  2. After Event B and an even result of 1d6, it is said that the American unit (that triggered the effect) may OF to the new German units. Is this possible from any hex???
Any news about this?

Enviado desde mi GT-I9195 mediante Tapatalk

Jeff Lewis

1) Yes; it's a Pathfinder unit, as stated. (Those 1-4-4s that result from a reduction of a 2-5-4 Squad cannot.)

2) It's an LOS-triggered event so it's ipso facto that the triggering unit can see the new Germans; however, range eligibility must be met. The OF is a special case and is conducted as a normal OF; that the triggering unit has moved and/or can or cannot AM is not a factor.

1)

2) It's an LOS-triggered event so it's ipso facto that the triggering unit can see the new Germans; however, range eligibility must be met. The OF is a special case and is conducted as a normal OF; that the triggering unit has moved and/or can or cannot AM is not a factor.

But the event is in one hex and the German units appear in other hex. It is impossible to activate the event and have LOS to the appearing German units. So OF is impossible.

Enviado desde mi GT-I9195 mediante Tapatalk

Jeff Lewis

But the event is in one hex and the German units appear in other hex. It is impossible to activate the event and have LOS to the appearing German units. So OF is impossible.
The most likely trigger hex is 13H7 (two hexes from Event in 13H5; it's night and normal visibility is two hexes); the Germans enter on 13K7, the Starshell lights them up; and there's a clear LOS b/tw the two hexes (the steps on J7 don't block). If the event was triggered from another hex, then they would not be able to, but this is the most likely situation as time is a constraint.