Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Command Ops 2 - Core Engine Build 5.1.24 Now Available

*budd*

118 MB (124,274,768 bytes)

size on disk- 118 MB (124,276,736 bytes

unzipped size.

zipped size
118 MB (123,965,785 bytes)
size on disk-118 MB (123,969,536 bytes)

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Thanks Budd but I really need someone else to verify this. I usually get a copy of the final LNL installer uploaded to our respository but not this time. So we'll have to wait till either Jason responds or someone else can verify the size. In the meantime have you installed anything else recently?

*budd*

uninstalled some steam games, cleaned things up a bit. i updated windows, but that was after CO2 wouldn't run. Thought it might be .net thing, i was behind a couple updates. all up to date now. Only other thing i installed was steam game left for dead 2. Other than that no other changes to my system. the last version of CO2 ran with out problems.

rjantzi

I just downloaded the installer. The unzipped size matches what Budd reported, 124,274,768 bytes. Hope this helps.

planetbrain

I also cannot start after latest patch (win10 64bit. .Net is 4.5) but nothing obvious shows in task manager(no game exe).
First installed KOAD , ran game to try. All OK but advised required latest patch. Everything died after patch install, even after restart.

planetbrain

Sorry, I wasn't very clear, was I?
I installed KOAD then ran the game. It started OK., so I chose a scenario in KOAD at which point I was advised that the scenario required the latest patch. Closed game, ran the updater which downloaded & installed patch. This made game "unreachable" ie not working & nothing starting but also not apparent in task manager.
There is a reference above to dll's. I see:
lua5.1.dll 323KB 1/8/2015
lua51.dll 11KB 11/6/2014
PGUI.dll 49566KB 20/11/2015
AutoPlaySupport.dll 412KB 1/8/2015 (This in autoplay\plugins sub directory)

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
planetbrain,

So let me ask a few questions.
  • By unreachable do you mean you could not see an icon for the Command Ops application?
  • Or if there was a game app what happens when you double click it? Do you see any game dialogs advising you the game is starting? Do you get to the point where you can set the game resolution? What I am trying to determine here is where it fails.

planetbrain

It does not get to game resolution screen & there is no dialog at all, but I do notice the little win 10 waiting wheel rotating while on desktop screen.
OK I see that if I go to details screen in task manager there are 2 instances of CmdOps.exe so I was wrong there, sorry.
I can't close these as "access is denied"

Last edited:

planetbrain

Currently, the desktop short cut. I'm about to try direct from folder, but will need to restart computer first to ensure prior closure. Will revert.

planetbrain

Arjuna, I find that the 2 instances of CmdOps.exe still list in task manager on restart from shut down PC before I try and start the game. So I haven't tried