Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Command Ops 2 - Core Engine Build 5.1.24 Now Available

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Budd, I just received the LNL installer for 5.1.24 and the size of my installer file is 124,275,288 bytes. Note this differs from yours. I have just run the installer on my machine and it runs fine. Can I ask you please to download a new copy of the installer from LNL and check the size of it and report back to me please. Thanks.

*budd*

re-downloaded a new core engine installer. The unzipped installer size matched your number above. installed, same thing happened. Nothing, ended up with 3 instances of CO2 exe. running in the process tab, still unable to end process on any of them. screen shot of installed files attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 11-24-15 at 05.56 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 11-24-15 at 05.56 AM.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 6

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Budd, I don't see any of the MS redistributable dlls. Eg

Does that screendump show all the files at the root level of your game directory?

Have you run the vcredist_x86.exe?

Can you please do a file search for me using the Start Menu or Explorer. Please search for the following files:
  • msvcp120.dll
  • msvcr120.dll
  • vccorlib120.dll
If you find them, please make a note of their file location and report back to me. Thanks.

*budd*

Yes that's the root directory of CO2. I ran the vcredist_x86.exe at least twice. The copies i have of those files reside in both the windows system32 and syswow64 directories. Want me to copy them over or try to run the vcredist_86.exe again from the CO2 install?

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Try copying those dlls to the Game directory. It will probably complain that you need admin authorisation to make the copy. Just authorise it. It will be OK. Make sure you copy and past, rather than move the files. Once you have them there try launching the game again and report back. Thanks.

*budd*

the ones in the system 32 folder shoould be the x86 ones. I dont need to copy the 64 bit ones do i?

Last edited:

*budd*

Almost hate to tell you this, no change. Doesn't start and still have 3 CO2 exe. running processes in task manager. I first unzipped into the root CO2 directory, started from the CO2exe. no change, nothing. Uninstalled CO2, did a clean install and then unzipped into root directory still no luck, again 3 CO2 exe processes running. I attached a shot of my root directory.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 11-24-15 at 05.47 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 11-24-15 at 05.47 PM.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 3

*budd*

nothing, 1 instance of scenmaker.exe 32 in the process tab and then 2 more scenmaker.exe32 open. Can't shutdown any of them with end process.

*budd*

Mapmaker, nothing, only 1 process in task manager which i can't close with end process. Estabeditor starts, there's nothing on any of the tabs. It closes fine with nothing still running in task manager.

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
OK the EstabEditor is Visual Basic app and it works. All the others are Visual C apps. Let's review what we know so far. We have most users able to run the game with no problems. Here though we have three users with the same issue. I only have DxDiags for two and the only common thing I can see in your setups is that you both are running i3 quad cores. One has integrated graphics using shared memory. The other has an older GeForce graphics card. While neither graphics system is flash they should suffice.

Can you confirm that it creates multiple instances in the Processes listing from the one launch of the game. You will need to shut down pause for say a minute, start the machine, start Task Manager, confirm no instances of Cmd Ops and then launch the game and check what gets listed in Task Manager.