Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Command Ops 2 Updated to Build 5.1.25

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Hi all,

Command Ops 2 has been updated to build 5.1.25 You can find a list of the changes below.

Changes
  • CO-8 Cleanup D2D Drawing.
  • CO-10 Refactoring Renderer class hierarchy.
  • Added WaitForRefuel() to TaskDoctrine to allow the scheduleing code to determiune if a force receiving new orders should ignore those and hold until it gets refuelled. Modified PlanDoctrine::DevelopTaskPlan() to call WaitForRefuel() where appropriate. This addresses the SplitForce_LowOnFuel issue.
  • Ensure StandardNightReassessment and StandardFatigueReassessment exclude units refuelling.
    • Replaced Assert inside ScenMissionPlan::DetermineSlippageResponse() that asumed if the boss task had its HHour set then so too should the objective task. But this is not the case if the player sets the HHour after creating the order. Now it sets the IsHOurSet flag to the same as the boss task.
  • Modified ScenRealForce::ReceiveNewSupplies() so it returns true if the force needs to replan as a result of receiving new supplies. Added call to ReplanAllMissionPlans() inside ScenSupplyTransportEvent::processEvent(). Together these ensure that refueled units will get going again after receiving their resup.
  • Added ScenDepot::GetDespatchedSupplyRun() so the Scheduling and WaitForRefuel() can determine if and when a resupply run is on the way.
  • Modified GamePlan::MarkGameTaskAsInactive() so it now unsets the HHour when it deactivates attacks after the player deletes them.
  • Modified GamePlan::CalcGameTaskStartAtTime() so it calc the STart At time correctly - ie = timeNow + ordersDelay. Ditto inside FGTaskEditDlgPane::OnTaskTimingChanged(). Together these ensure we don't double dip and add orders delay to the Start At time.
  • Replaced all calls to MS Sans Serif and MS Shell Dlg with Microsoft Sans Serif

Greg

I just don't understand Dave's "game design" speak when he describes his patch improvement and changes. i can't relate them to game play but thats my issue and I'm sure they are all good.:)

DerGrenadier

I just don't understand Dave's "game design" speak when he describes his patch improvement and changes. i can't relate them to game play but thats my issue and I'm sure they are all good.:)

Iam with you. I dont understand a word. Iam only excited when a new patch is released and I think “thats gotta be good for something“

Philip Devine

Designer / Developer
program, n.: A magic spell cast over a computer allowing it to turn one's input into error messages. tr.v.: To engage in a pastime similar to banging one's head against a wall, but with fewer opportunities for reward.

programming in a nutshell :)

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Sorry guys for the coding speak but ran out of time last Friday to translate it into digestible gamer speak. Hows this then:

• Speed up drawing of unit footprints
  • Ensure a force that is low on fuel does not try and plan a move.
  • Ensure when player deletes an attack that the TaskEdit dialog clears the HHour time.
  • Ensure order start times do not add in orders delay if the user sets the start time past (timeNow + ordersDelay). In other words avoid adding in the delay twice.
  • Standardise font usage in game dialogs to use Microsoft Sans Serif font.

Reactions: Daz

Keydet

Sorry guys for the coding speak but ran out of time last Friday to translate it into digestible gamer speak. Hows this then:
:angelic:
  • Speed up drawing of unit footprints
  • Ensure a force that is low on fuel does not try and plan a move.
  • Ensure when player deletes an attack that the TaskEdit dialog clears the HHour time.
  • Ensure order start times do not add in orders delay if the user sets the start time past (timeNow + ordersDelay). In other words avoid adding in the delay twice.
  • Standardise font usage in game dialogs to use Microsoft Sans Serif font.
Oh just as I thought.:bag:

papymaj5

Afternoon everyone,

Not trying to be pushy, only curious, but did anyone already receive this build? It usually takes LNL a couple of days to turn one around. Just checked my updater exe.

Thanks ahead of time!

Jon