Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

Command Ops 2 - Core Engine Build 5.1.24 Now Available

*budd*

nope hasn't been no listing in the application tab i've checked, no processor activity either.

I'll shutdown and give another go.

*budd*

ok. at start up no instances of CO2 in process tab. Started from exe. 1 CO2 process starts, then like 20 seconds later 2 more start up. Nothing in the application tab regarding CO2 program running. No processor activity in the process tab regarding CO2. This time i could shutdown 1 of the processes using end process, but not the other 2. shot of the CO2 process attached.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 11-24-15 at 08.14 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 11-24-15 at 08.14 PM.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 5

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
Budd, very intriguing. I have to say I have never come across anything like this before. I need to ask other developers to see if they can point me in the right direction. Because of the fact that the visual basic app ran and the other visual c ones didn't I still feel it must be do to with the runtimes. It may be one of those cases where the i3 chipset uses a different version of one or more of the dlls. I'll research that angle to. This may take a few days before I get an answer. I won't have forgot you. I'll be back.

planetbrain

Hi Dave,
Sorry I had to move on yesterday due to real life. I've just now fired up my PC from being totally off for several hours & I do still have the 2 instances of CmdOps.exe running as indicated in the Details tab of task manager, this without my doing a thing:2015-11-25_163348.png
Win 10 64 bit

Dave 'Arjuna' O'Connor

Panther Games Designer
Website
www.panthergames.com
planetbrain, If the machine was actually turned off, then the RAM would have been cleared and there should be no way these processes survived. The only explanation I can see for this is either the machine hadn't really shut down or you tried to launch the game after you booted. But leave this with me for now I am taking this offline so I can seek help from other developers. I'll be back.

planetbrain

Dave,
I can confirm, after return from a total cold start after leaving for half hr., that the 2 exe files again still appeared in task manager so that launch of games in any circumstance is not possible HOWEVER...
having dual boot, I rebooted into XP with view to changing exe file name so it couldn't load on start.(I forgot my XP cant see my 3GB drive so I actually did nought).
Booted back to win 10 and files gone and GAME NOW WORKS. I just mention all this in case there's something there (more likely a quirk of my PC)

planetbrain

Never Win7. I've only mentioned Win 10 64. The problem of the exe's showing as running by simply cold starting was always & only with Win 10 64 that somehow apparently fixed only when rebooting to it after running XP 32. I'll shut up as this is getting too drawn out but I find out tomorrow if the fix will be lasting (am currently on my laptop which is different PC). I expect it's (as I say) all a quirk of my desktop PC.

*budd*

Bingo, winner, winner,.....it appears it was my anti virus. I'm using avast free edition in case any one else has a problem. I added CO2 to the exclusion list and it appears we're good to go. I'll load up my modules and report back. Thx Dave, although i should of thought of that, usually i get a popup when there's a problem.