Welcome to the LnLP Forums and Resource Area

We have updated our forums to the latest version. If you had an account you should be able to log in and use it as before. If not please create an account and we look forward to having you as a member.

LnLT Play By Forum: HoN #14 Assault on Vierville

Rydo

That was the first valid Secondary order for the AEO. Had it succeeded it would have Low Crawled toward the Germans. Alas.
Oh ok, i don't have solo module so i was thinking we were against you :)

As you are hosting this, you're allowed or not to help us?

What you would do as the Germans? As i feel we may get bogged down :(

Ty Snouffer

Yeah, I'm running the solo rules in the background. If you pull up the VASSAL logs I post you'll see some detail.

I am neutral in all this. :)

Ty Snouffer

TURN 1 IMPULSE 4

: Germans advance Half Squad to L6
: This draws OF from the US Half Squad in I6. OF Shakes German Half Squad. No more Ready units for US.

Log
posted.

German orders for Medic?
image.png

Barthheart

Staff member
Urrrr...ummmm... go through your log again Ty. The net attack was 5 and the net defence is also 5 not 6 and 4.

Cheatin' Yanks! :)

Ty Snouffer

You are correct! My mistake. Tie A & D so no DC. German Half Squad not Shaken.

Medic orders?

Corrected image:
image.png

Ty Snouffer

TURN 1 IMPULSE 5

: German Medic moves to M3.
: No eligible US units.
End of Turn

Turn 2 Rally Phase
Germans win initiative
No other actions

Operations Phase - Germans First

German orders?

Beginning of Turn 2 state:
image.png

Rydo

Activate Lt.Plassman and all surrounding hexes and :

- Spot Medrow with the Lt. himself, if succesfull open fire with the full squad with him and the mg and his leadership;
- If he fails try to spot Medrow with the squad under Lt.Plassman and open fire;
- If it fals too try to spot with the squad in L3 and open fire with full fp and mg;
- It if fails too try to spot medrow with the half squad in L5 and open fire;
- If they all fail to spot punch the table vigorously;

BTW after the spot is made the other activated units must shoot medrows hex.

Order of units activation:

- Lt. Plassman
- Squad under him
- Squad in L3
- Half squad in L5

Barthheart

Staff member
Disagree on the spotting attempts. If none of them work we've wasted the impulse.
If the spotting works then you have very percentage shots.

Agree with activate Plassman and L3 and L5.
Move 1/2 squad to K4. This will force Medrow to act or get locked up in melee with 1/2 squad.
If Medrow's group Op fires at 1/2 squad then 2 things happen
1. No effect in which case 1/2 squad enter in to melee with Medrow tieing them up.
2. 1/2 squad is shaken/killed.

In either case then Plassman and squad in L5 can rush into melee in J5 for melee this turn or next.

If Medrow's group doesn't fire then 1/2 squad entered J5 and starts melee. Very low odds but ties up the group.
Win or lose then Plassman and L3 move to J5 safe from attack. Very strong fire base.

Just my aggressive thoughts.

Rydo

Disagree on the spotting attempts. If none of them work we've wasted the impulse.
If the spotting works then you have very percentage shots.

Agree with activate Plassman and L3 and L5.
Move 1/2 squad to K4. This will force Medrow to act or get locked up in melee with 1/2 squad.
If Medrow's group Op fires at 1/2 squad then 2 things happen
1. No effect in which case 1/2 squad enter in to melee with Medrow tieing them up.
2. 1/2 squad is shaken/killed.

In either case then Plassman and squad in L5 can rush into melee in J5 for melee this turn or next.

If Medrow's group doesn't fire then 1/2 squad entered J5 and starts melee. Very low odds but ties up the group.
Win or lose then Plassman and L3 move to J5 safe from attack. Very strong fire base.

Just my aggressive thoughts.
Yours is another valid tactic.

And looking more carefully mine is too risky while yours seem to have much more advantages.

I agree with Barthheart since the sacrifice of the half squad but the idea of having our Leader in melee scares me a little...but war is taking risks...so let's be aggressive and rush tose Yanks!

My final decisions are:
- Activate Lt.Plassman and L3 and L5 ;
- Move the half squad from L5 to K4 and melee Medrow's men.
- If the half squad gets shaken or killed, open fire with the Liutenant and the squad+mg.
- If the half squad enters melee, resolve it and then reinforce it with the Liutenant and the squad+mg.

After that well see what to do...

Ty Snouffer

Nicely talked out fellas.

Working out the turn now. The Half Squa was eliminated via OF. Plassman and stack fired but NE. What did you want to do with the activated unit and SW in L3?

Barthheart

Staff member
Not sure what colour you are setting your type to but it's very hard to read....

1/2 squad eliminated! Ouch! Good shot.

I'd say move squad +mg in L3 K3-K4-J5. That's a 3FP vs 4FP melee...which becomes 2:3 odds for the Germans and 1:1 for the Yanks. Thankfully Medrow has a 0 leadership.

Rydo

I have something in mind for later...we can rush with the squad and mg in melee risking or we can fire...i'll go with fire, we already lost a half squad...poor boys :(

My idea for later is to move Lt.Koch and the squad+mg in J3 and wait there...or...double time in J3, L3 that is out of range from the other 2-5-4, then L4 and eliminate the sniper in melee...probably the 1-4-4 will op fire...risky...

We are bogged down. Well'have to pray for the dice :)

Barthheart

Staff member
Firing will be very low percentage... 1D6 + 3 FP vs 1D6+4 building. And our guys will be standing in the open.

We could just stop now and see what the AI does?

Ty Snouffer

(Barth, which text is hard to read? Here in the forum or in the VASSAL logs?)

TURN 2 IMPULSE 1

: German half squad moves to K4 adjacent to Medrow and is eliminated by OF. Plassman continues activation with units in his hex firing on Medrow but with NE. Remaining activated German moves toward Medrow but is shaken by OF from the US Sniper.
: US Half Squad moves into hex with Medrow.

German impulse.
image.png

Barthheart

Staff member
In your post above I see your question to me in white, the turn and impulse label in red and the rest of the text is black which is almost impossible to read... but now that I think about it it may be my forum colour setup.

For the last impulse I think Rydo and I agreed to stop the activation, not moving the squad and mg, to see what the AI would do.
Maybe that wasn't as clear as it could have been.

Ty Snouffer

I see that now. Hard to discern what is an order and what is chatter. We're definitely in trying this out mode.

How about I rewind the OF from the Sniper and going forward use [Order] or something similar so I know when you guys have reached agreement?